Notices

I will stay clean today

Old 05-01-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I will stay clean today

All the lights are out at my work facility and neither my peers nor I received any job assignments today, but I am still an employee as this work-week evolves into the home stretch. Love is today, love is now, love is separate from the outside structure of my life...may I fall in love with this moment and all the thoughts and feelings and observations that occur as I notice the breath of the universe.
I will stay clean today. I will make good choices this weekend. I will grow in my recovery, and in my relationship with the universe. And when I judge that I’ve "failed", I will be gentle with myself and the universe and practice moving forward.
I will imagine that I’m in a long distance marathon...and I will get stronger and stronger each next mile.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by ksplash5 View Post
All the lights are out at my work facility and neither my peers nor I received any job assignments today, but I am still an employee as this work-week evolves into the home stretch. Love is today, love is now, love is separate from the outside structure of my life...may I fall in love with this moment and all the thoughts and feelings and observations that occur as I notice the breath of the universe.
I will stay clean today. I will make good choices this weekend. I will grow in my recovery, and in my relationship with the universe. And when I judge that I’ve "failed", I will be gentle with myself and the universe and practice moving forward.
I will imagine that I’m in a long distance marathon...and I will get stronger and stronger each next mile.
Although I am pulling my hair out of my head today....wanting my damn drink!...I will stay clean today too.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Ksplash))

When I was really struggling and it was my job that was causing all this pain, I added a little something to my recovery tool box....I imagined this guy coming up and offering me the job of my dreams...everything I could possibly want in a job. Then he says "all I need is a clean 3-month hair follicle test..any problem with that?"

It may be silly, but it darn sure made me think. I AM looking for a job, and I DON'T know who tests. Sure, I have all the other reasons not to use, but it never hurts to add another one.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-01-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well i have stayed sober today after making a complete ass of myself yesterday! Feel great actually:-)
Old 05-01-2009, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I will stay clean with you. You are not alone.