Notices

still clean and strong!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

still clean and strong!!!

Hey guys....still clean and going strong...feeling much better...no withdrawls...and Im not going to let him win by putting the bottle in my hand again....I went to the courthouse today and filed for divorce...he has no clue it's comming...he's getting served friday while Im at my therapist appointment...so pray for me this weekend...it's gonna be a rough one...my family is totally supportive...he may kill me...I have no idea how he's going to react...but I had to do it....I cant be healthy in the house with him...he did move out...but the divorce has been a long time comming....Im very nervous....he says if I were to go along with it he was going to make it very ugly....but oh well.....time to move on...
Love to you all...
Rach
Old 04-28-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rach,

I'm glad for you, but your post sounds very scary.

Do you have a plan?

Can you have someone with you on Friday after your appointment and also during the weekend? Can you move some things out of your place so you don't have to go back there? This could be a dangerous time if your husband is angry and upset.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Rach...good for you...and yes, please make sure you are safe..prayers going out to you and your family
Old 04-28-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's good to hear you staying strong and sober. Stay safe, and keep us posted. Hugs.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is great news Rach! Im so glad that you are moving forward. Stay safe and take care
Old 04-28-2009, 10:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

I'm glad to here your family is support because it sounds like you may need to spend some time with them over the weekend. I know this has been a long time coming for you. Stay strong Rach. We are all thinking of you, stay safe and keep us informed. :ghug3
Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I ma glad you are taking action as well. And for goodness sake. Please please make sure you are safe.
I dont know anything about that situation. So I dont know what you would be facing.
But geez. Dont under estimate anything.
I am so glad you still sober. And i am so glad you have stayed and posted.
Do for you now. Do whatever you have to do to be healthy and safe.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Rach congrats on your sobriety and your moves to a new life, just be prepared, perhaps 911 on your speed dial would be a good idea.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

update

I have most of my important stuff out of the house....just mostly clothes and things...I have several friends on speed dial as well as 911 so if he freaks...I have back up....I thought about leaving town for the weekend but not sure if leaving the s with him is a good thing....I will be safe...pepper spray on me at all times....I'll be with my therapist when the sherif comes to serve him....so that's good timing I can run some things by him before I come back to the fire!!!! My family (aunt, grandparents, even my parents, and my oldest daughter ) are all on my side, so Im gonna be ok...time for me to get healthy and live life....It's been too long of living in my black box...time to release the pain and enjoy life....little things...talking to someone...walks... music...Im not looking back./...it's gonna be a heck of a trip, but it's about darn time I got the backbone and stood up for myself!!!
Love to you all
Rach