Notices

Sick again- zep song but a different subject

Old 04-26-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick again- zep song but a different subject

been up for maybe 50 hours- 3 hr sleep periods max.....- the BP (not to mention alcoholic) thing. what the crap. anyway i love this site-- and thought i wanted to post. I am a bit psychotic now.. but ok. Going to watch a movie that pisses me off- maybe that will reverse- seems to work . ....sometimes...my dogs are with me so all is cool
Old 04-26-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gosh, Dedubya, I hope you can relax and get some sleep soon.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

what movie?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

dont know yet-
Ransom always pissed me off (actually good in ways)- but probably not that tonight. Maybe I will try to sleep....then probably wake up at 2am and stare at the stars.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Hey D,
I know how you feel. I was real ansy last night. Kept getting up. Had a little tremor issue. Could not lay still. There is my husband saying "now what are you getting up for?" I feel calmer now and I know it is a matter of time.

Well, enough about me. I certainly hope you will be feeling better soon. How about a funny movie? Sounds like you need a good laugh.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovinmenow View Post
Hey D,
I know how you feel. I was real ansy last night. Kept getting up. Had a little tremor issue. Could not lay still. There is my husband saying "now what are you getting up for?" I feel calmer now and I know it is a matter of time.

Well, enough about me. I certainly hope you will be feeling better soon. How about a funny movie? Sounds like you need a good laugh.
not a bad call my friend- thanks for getting back here- any ideas? I love comedies...If not thats cool- best to you
Old 04-26-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How about a good Cohen Brother's movie, like say... The Big Lebowski!!!!

My personal favorite is Oh Brother... I've played that music on my guitar since I was in 6th grade... Saw the Down from the Mountain Tour and later met Ralph Stanley at a local bluegrass fest.

Mark
Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well considering who i am- hehehe- lebowski was passed. I took a 3 hr nap. thanks cubile- i am really planning to start back my riding tomorrow.
dub
Old 04-26-2009, 08:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope you are able to get to sleep soon.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

well heading to my bed/ ; lets see what happens- i will be online for 40 mnts or so....wonder why . love and peace to all.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good luck man, I really hope you can get some sleep
Old 04-27-2009, 06:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I can relate, last time I quit I didn't sleep for weeks except fo the occasional hour here and there, it drove me mad and I ended up drinking again.

The next time it happened I asked the Doc for just a few sleeping tablets and it was the best thing I coulda done. I didn;t want 30 or anything in case I got used to them so I just asked for like 5 or something.

Lack of sleep seriously affects us mentally, so if it carries on this is what I would advise.

What Zep song?

For funny stupid movie's, I quite like Dodgeball and Don't mess with the Zohan, which is about a stoopid as it gets, lol.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh the Zep song is Sick Again! I am a bit slow!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

well i slept 5 hrs- a record!! one thing i havent mentioned is i cut my klonopin dose in half- not abusing, thats not me (at least drugs other than beer) - dr rxd- been on it around a year. but i didnt tell him i was cutting it- i just got tired of taking it. i think after looking it up that may be a contributor. feel like crap- flu or something similar feeling, i have dry heaves in the morning every day (like you want to know that- thought I would share). well its a cloudy day and I am going to go ahead and get that movie.not sure what movie yet.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

5 hours, nice.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OzSandy View Post
Hello DW,

Are you seeing a doctor about all this?

You say how you have been such a workaholic if that's what I am getting and now you are doing nothing, but getting no sleep, do you think that there is something deeper that should be brought up here?

I went for a long time with no sleep and I know where that can lead, with your mental condition. I don't like sleeping tablets and etc any more than you but self-medicating it wouldn't be helping either, if that is what is going on here.

Anyhow, keep checking in with us, your friends here - Sandy
i will- thanks Sandy. as far as other things to bring up- I just have ocd and go absolutely nuts when I dont have anything to do.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post

one thing i havent mentioned is i cut my klonopin dose in half- not abusing, thats not me (at least drugs other than beer) - dr rxd- been on it around a year. but i didnt tell him i was cutting it- i just got tired of taking it. i think after looking it up that may be a contributor.
i think after looking it up that may be a contributor.... hmmm... ya think??

Jeez, when I started getting myself off the benzos I was taking I went days without sleep...

Well, at this point, and especially if you got 5 hours sleep, maybe the worst is over... but no advice can be given.... So ... Be HONEST with your doc and involve him or her in this!!!

I second the Dodgeball recommendation

Mark
Old 04-27-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Oh the Zep song is Sick Again! I am a bit slow!
hey bro-
i dont think youre slow- I have a way of wording things that are coded- thats me being weird....thanks for posting. However for the record the sickness in the zep song is unrelated to my issue- just so the records clear.
dub
Old 04-27-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
I can relate, last time I quit I didn't sleep for weeks except fo the occasional hour here and there, it drove me mad and I ended up drinking again.

The next time it happened I asked the Doc for just a few sleeping tablets and it was the best thing I coulda done. I didn;t want 30 or anything in case I got used to them so I just asked for like 5 or something.

Lack of sleep seriously affects us mentally, so if it carries on this is what I would advise.

What Zep song?

For funny stupid movie's, I quite like Dodgeball and Don't mess with the Zohan, which is about a stoopid as it gets, lol.

dodgball rocks! good call. thats on the a-list for another watch.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cubile75 View Post
i think after looking it up that may be a contributor.... hmmm... ya think??

Jeez, when I started getting myself off the benzos I was taking I went days without sleep...

Well, at this point, and especially if you got 5 hours sleep, maybe the worst is over... but no advice can be given.... So ... Be HONEST with your doc and involve him or her in this!!!

I second the Dodgeball recommendation

Mark
hey fellow roadie- I hear you. I am - actually sleepy again- maybe a few more hrs?. I really want to ride - nothing like the feeling at all- people that havent experienced a 100 mile ride might not now (for those that havent done it try 20 miles first-its relative and is unbelievable)). Maybe i can sleep and get my crap together. I really dont like to sound negative- so apologies if its coming across that way dont mean it that way. You all are so cool.
dub