He thinks he can get custody of the kids

Old 04-24-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He thinks he can get custody of the kids

yes. You read right. The same man who just got out of jail, who assualted my daughter several times, was charged and convicted of assualting me, has many addiction problems, has done none of the things social services or his probation has required him to do has contacted social Services and told them he is going for soul custody. He did this yesterday. My lawyer assures me there is not one chance that this will happen. She says he will be lucky to get supervised visitation after all he has done to me and the kids. And that is after he has done a lot of hard work on himself.

I must admit a small part of me is worried. My therapist told me he is doing this as another tactict to try and control me emotionally. To try and hurt me some how. I won't let him suceed. I am going to get my kids back and I am my kids will be happy without him and his addictions and abuse.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Turn that worry right back over to your HP, okay? :ghug :ghug
Old 04-24-2009, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My lawyer assures me there is not one chance that this will happen. She says he will be lucky to get supervised visitation after all he has done to me and the kids. And that is after he has done a lot of hard work on himself.
Trust this, she has seen firsthand what works and what does not. Where I live, he wouldn't have any chance at all.

If he's trying to upset you, it seems it has worked. Please try to relax and trust that he's quacking in the wind.

Hugs
Old 04-24-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was in a meeting with SS, my lawyer, my therapist and my psycologist. The SS told us all this.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
He is trying to instill fear in you, so he has control and power. No future tripping allowed, just keep the focus on yourself and your kids, and keep working on your recovery.
You work on being the best "you" you can possibly be...and the rest will fall into place.
I didn't hear that he had any sort of team he reached out to, accepted guidance from, or even took a minutes time to listen.
You're on the right path, hon.
(((hugs)))
Old 04-24-2009, 09:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know you feel worried, but just think about how silly he sounds. They do come up with some dandies don't they. Should you speak with him and he brings this up don't let him get to you...just what he is trying to do and that is as far as it is going to get.

Rose
Old 04-25-2009, 03:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

IMHO it's all smoke and mirrors addict manipulation. Please try not to let him get to you. I agree with Cynical, document everything.

:ghug2

Hugs, HG
Old 04-27-2009, 09:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

M AH thinks the same thing. When he called the law on me and I got arrested (long story but I assualted a police officer), social services came in to investigate ME. I mentioned that AH had just gotten out of rehab again and all of a sudden.....they were on him like white on rice. They pulled his medical history, started subjecting him to random urine screens and pronounced that he could not be alone and unsupervised with his child, even once we got back together. It was still six months and lots of hoops and lots of drug screens before they lifted that condition.

Now when he threatens me, I just remind him that the 2 mo. chip he just picked up doesn't entitle him to **** yet and to please hush up already!

My AH told me that he knows he's done so much wrong that when the heat gets turned up on me, he lashes out and will even go as far as to make something up just to get the focus off him and his failures and to mess with my head.

Don't worry about your AH. Listen to your lawyer and let her handle it. He will see. Trust God.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nikki sis he's quacking to see what you will do! He knows how far you will go to protect the kids, thus making you more readily available to him....please dont fall for this....I will tell you this though I printed out ever page os SR related posts about what I had been threw when JR attacked me and what I am doing to better myself and sent copies to the judge and my support team.......they really do look at that, they made several comments refering back to it and such during the court cases against him.......document everything and keep posting I am worrying sick now!

Love,
Pamm
Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was going to say quacking too! QUACK, QUACK, QUACK.