Thinking About My Son

Old 04-22-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied

Thinking About My Son

I recieved another letter from Joey & already wrote back. It was a good letter, stating how he is done with drugs, that he is going to live a good life, but to me though I know he means it now he is still moving way too fast, saying how in 2010 he can get a legal hardship license, then he will get himself a nice car, a demo. Already he is assuming he will be abel to find a car salesman job again. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he has been in touch with the last place he wked & they may be taking him back. I really do want to see him but a part of me still feels so sad. I plan on going in May. Sat I am sending him another $30 for the Commissary.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

rosied, sweetie when you feel up to seeing him, you'll go. In the meantime don't be so hard on yourself.

What exactly is a legal hardship license?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

How about doing something nice for you, just because you can and it will take your mind off "sad".

Sending big hugs because you sound like you could use a few.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((Rozied)))
Right now, it doesn't matter what plans he's making. There's nothing you can do to change what will be when he gets out, so try and not spend too much time in his head.

I agree with Ann...do something nice for you. I found that when I allowed myself to feel better, things were better...in my life.

You'll go when you are ready.
(((Hugs)))
Old 04-22-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

so try and not spend too much time in his head.
I like this, Rozied..It sums it up so well, how I spent far too much time worrying about the ideas my kids had and why i thought they wouldn't work or the problems they would encounter. The thing was that most times it was just talk - no action, and many, many times the talk never amounted to anything and all I had done was waste a lot of time worrying about nothing.

Right now he is in a safe place and you can focus on enjoying you and Mr Rozied. It's nice that you are communicating..enjoy the love and don't worry about the future
Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Wow, Greet is right, from my past experiences too. I agree with the others that you should do something nice for yourself right now and just let the rest of it all work itself out how it will.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
rozied

Thanks everyone, I agree as far as thinking too much about the future. I assure you all I am not. I have lived long enough to know you only have the present moment.
Dear Serenity, In the Commonwealth I live in if you are suspended for driving under suspension, and if you stay clean for 3yrs you can qualify for a Hardship License. A hardship License is kind of like a an Occupational License.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks, I was a little confused by the wording. didn't know if meant drivers license or some type of work license.