Notices

A New Day is Dawning

Old 04-21-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

A New Day is Dawning

So I feel really good this morning. For the past two days my Pancreas has been flaring up again and I am sure it was a combination of bad food and beer. I almost went to the hospital again, but I was able to eat broth and drink some Powerade only and get through it. I told my wife yesterday that I was actually thankful of the pain. I told her it now makes me realize that the Pancreasitis wasn't a one time thing. Eating poorly and drinking can really hurt me, even maybe kill me.

I watched a few episodes of intervention last night that made me cry. I saw myself or at least a future version of me on those shows. once aain, I am fully commited to ending my use of alcohol.

My wife's B-Day was yesterday and I sat there and thought how amazing it would be if every year we can celebrate not only her B-Day but also another year of my sobriety. I hope and pray that I can do this, this time. I know it will take a lot of work on my part, and will be the hardest thing I have ever done, but the rewards are priceless.

Thank You all for the continued support and God Bless (or whoever/whatever your higher power is).

Chris

:ghug