Divorce trail in 9 days, haven't seen him in 2 years

Old 04-20-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce trail in 9 days, haven't seen him in 2 years

April 30th is the date for the final divorce. He's contested it, so it had to go to trial. OK by me... I filed in Sept of 07, so it's been a long time coming.

I haven't seen him in 2 years. I haven't spoken to him in 2 years, thanks to a restraining order. It was the only way to make the break. It is really hard to lose an A. This time will be for good, at least as far as our marriage is concerned. We have 2 kids, (grown) but still a tie that binds the future.

He's contesting the property division... why, I don't know as we live in a 50/50 state... or perhaps he's asking for alimony as he is not working much these days. Fallen from his career due to his drinking, and I was always the one who had the main oar — so to speak.

At this point, all I want is what I can get. And, above all I wish to be free from the legal entanglements should he get into more messes. I've had my fair share of those messes to clean up and am not doing it anymore.

I know he'll fall apart in court. He's not good in the "hot seat". But, I've never been this far down the divorce road, and don't know what to expect in court...the procedures, and if there is testimony, cross examination, etc.

So, it's the last chapter of this book (I hope), and I'm anxious to get to the last page!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wishing you nothing but the best possible outcome! :ghug :ghug
Old 04-20-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, If I were that judge, I'd tell him the answer is easy. Get sober then get/keep a job, period.