Dakota's Results

Old 04-20-2009, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Dakota's Scan Results Are In

I had originally posted an off topic letting my SR family know that it was scan time again .. You all know how I hate scan time ... any how I had gone back to that original thread on April 17th and posted the following .. I wanted to share it again for those that might have missed it. It speaks not only into my life .. it gives a different view to look from whatever the situation.

April 17th -Thank you SR Family for all your prayers. We do not have the results back yet, but as soon as we do I will update.

Yesterday went well ... Dakota was so strong and so brave. Amazingly I didn't cry this time usually when they take her back to sedate her I walk out of the room and tears pour. I felt my Gods peace. It was there in full for me and for her.

On the way to the hospital I was praying and talking to God and I was led to a devotional which I would like to share with you all here. I read it and it gave me the peace I was seeking. I understand that what I have been going through in my life has a purpose. That it isn't for nothing and in the long run I will be stronger and better because of it.

The devotional is titled "Threshing"

and it reads like this....

My friend, Bev, took a unique vacation recently. Shunning Disneyland and the High Sierras, she and her husband and kids drove back to the family farm in North Dakota to help with the wheat harvest. Since I don't know much about wheat, I asked her to describe just what goes on at harvest. Bev recounted how the big combines come lumbering through the fields, raking the furrows of freshly cut wheat into the machine. The combine head, which resembles a rotating blade, the beats or threshes the stalks of wheat. The ripe grain is shaken loose and sucked into a large bin at the back of the combine. What's left, the straw and the chaff, is spit back onto the ground, fodder for the next gust of prairie wind.

Since my conversation with Bev, I've learned that the Biblical word tribulation has its on root meaning in the word "thresh." What I've just described to you, believe it or not, is a process that applies to believers as well as wheat. Have a few of those big combines lumbered across the field toward you with in the past year....perhaps within the past week?

Tribulations. Those big unavoidable trials that threaten to cut you down and beat you back and forth. Being threshed is never easy. Never pleasant. But Paul in Romans 5 tells us that tribulation brings about perseverance and perseverance yields a crop of "character' (v.4).

God is after something precious in your soul. Just like that North Dakota farmer, he's after a harvest...the golden grain of patience, perseverance and strong character. And how is that grain harvested? Only through threshing...through tribulation. The farmer doesn't thresh weeds, does he? he wouldn't waste his time. He threshes the wheat which yields grain from the chaff. That priceless, blessed grain.

I know it's hard to picture the "results" or the "yield" when you're going through so much testing. It's hard to imagine how God might be please or how you might be benefited. But splendid spiritual grain is to be found only in the lives of those with norble character-character gleaned through threshing.

Somehow that makes the beating and the flailing of a threshing trial worthwhile.

Women's Devotional Bible-Author: Joni Eareckson Tada

(This devotional spoke to me deeply - I felt like God, My Father, was gently telling me, his daughter, why .. the reason, purpose, the why's and I was soothe and filled with His peace.

I found it rather ironic/divine coincidence that the story in the devotional took place in North "DAKOTA".

I smile in my heart and tears well up in my eyes as I type the devotional (re-reading it as I go) for what I see before me is God's love for me and for Dakota in black and white and I can't help that even in one of the most difficult places to be in life, but to feel joy and gratefulness that He is in control and has our best interest at heart.

She is going to be okay .. We are going to be okay. It all is going to be okay. What ever you are going through in your life today give it to God and YOU WILL BE OKAY!

Our God is an Awesome God!

Love, hugs and much appreciation for my SR family,
Passion

Last edited by nytepassion; 04-20-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Now for the results ....

Drum Roll Please .....

The results show

N
E
D

No Evidence of Disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise The Lord!!!

Thank you God!!!!!

Thank you SR family for your prayers and support
You all are always here for me and Dakota ready to beat down the doors of heaven for her and I.

It means so much to me .. and I can't thank you enough.

My heart is full of joy and gratitude

:ghug
Sher and Dakota
Old 04-20-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Praise the Lord indeed!!!!!!!!! :ghug :ghug
Old 04-20-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I knew it! I knew it!! I knew it!!!

I cannot even begin to tell you how tickled I am Sher!! Give Dakota a big hug from me (and give one to yourself too) for being so brave and strong! I love you girl!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

YEAH! There is nothing better than when you hear of such trials with small children and to hear them get better. What a happy day for you and Dakota!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

praise god!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

WONDERFUL news!

I am on the edge of my seat praying, everytime she needs another scan.
So happy for you and Dakota.

Hugs and hugs........
Old 04-20-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 04-20-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WOO HOO!

Great News!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BBD

Absolutely wonderful news......I'm so happy for you and Dakota....hip hip haray!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I can't imagine any better news ever. As a Mother of a child who has never, thank God, had any serious health issues, addiction issues, behavioral problems . . . I am all the more grateful that he is just a normal 20 year old who is obsessed with fixing up his dream car and his girlfriend.

Now, if I can just convince him that he needs to come over here after he gets off work at 9:00 pm tonight just so I can give him a hug, life would be perfect! lol

Thank you for sharing such beautiful news with us. I cannot imagine your joy and relief.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

woo hoo ! Another year of good reports. Of course, I knew it all along. Hugs to Dakota from her auntie cats
Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing both the devotional and the wonderful results. I felt quite confident of the results (thus had not looked back to the April 17 post) however seeing it in balck and white is always so uplifting. The story of the wheat was beautiful and really spoke to me, thank you
Old 04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

another prayer of gratitude going upwards!!

yeah!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That was just wonderful, thank you for sharing. I am so happy for you both. (((hugs)))
Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

SO GLAD for the good news!!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

God bless your healthy little girl!