Better Place

Old 04-19-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Better Place

I think I got it, I thought and thought and cried about my dad.

You all here gave me great advice or your feelings and left it up to me. My hubby said they are never gonna be what you want, they are never gonna give me what I need and want.

This is so true, I just needed to see it for what it was, I can not replace older brother with the younger half, there is NO comparison, plus I dont want to replace him. I think the codie in me needed to find someone else to "help".

My younger brother is right where he needs to be, as we all know God has a plan, I will continue to write him, but that is all.

No more waiting outside of jail, no more! Nope!

I am blessed with many people who love me, my friend said take all that energy and use it where it is appreciated.

As for my Dad, I wrote him a letter, which I will never mail, but it felt good to write it, he knows my phone #'s, he knows where I live, if he chooses to come to me, thats great, if not thats ok to, I will be ok either way. Not saying I wont still think of them, but am know longer gonna worry about things I can not change.

So Happy Sunday to you all, thanks again for being here and listening, I hope that I can give back to you all in some way you have given to me, thats what this place is about, helping each other through these tough times.

hugs to you all,
sisofD
Old 04-19-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You DO give back every time you post sisterofD, and your courage and faith and grace is an inspiration to each one of us.

I don't know about you, but when I finally reached that "enough" point when I could let go and let God, it was as if the world had been lifted from my shoulders.

I'm glad you are in a good place with your recovery. They say it works when you work it, and you are obviously working yours.

Hugs
Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

((((SisterofD))))
You ae truely and inspiration to us all.
Thank you...

Shalom!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

SisterofD, I know exactly what your going through. Yesterday was the anniversary of my brother's death. You need to take care of yourself. You can love your family, and if they aren't doing the right things, it's not up to you to save them. Mainly because you can't. I'm sure you have already tried. Just hang on. Time heals all wounds, and better days are coming.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I always read your posts, Sister, and get something out of them.

This really struck me:
they are never gonna be what you want, they are never gonna give me what I need and want.
As painful as that same realization was to me, it was also the beginning of true acceptance, and finally learning to give myself what 'they' (in my case, parents and a brother) could not give.

I am so glad to see you posting again, hon, I truly am! :ghug :ghug
Old 04-19-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all

I am so glad to be here, here we all care and we all know what the other is going through, pretty close anyway.

I said this before, its ironic, my brother D brought me here, he learned of it at one of his treatment places, he said sis sometimes the family is sickier than us addicts, how very true. How very blessed I was to have him in my life, thats how I meant my hubby, here we are 23 years later.

I think I am rambling on, have a nice night.

hugs,
sisofD
Old 04-19-2009, 08:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting sister of D. I am the sister of Don, and he overdosed and died on April 18, some years back. Your name, and your story hit close to home for me. I appreciate your posts.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by sisterofD View Post

My younger brother is right where he needs to be, as we all know God has a plan, I will continue to write him, but that is all.
I remember when I made the decision to go to letters only with my addict. It has given me so much freedom. It took a while to realize how much, but I hope you have the same feelings.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Angel,
My A is Doug, Douger when I was little. Thanks for you kind words.

hugs,
sisofD