He says he is going back to rehab

Old 04-16-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He says he is going back to rehab

As many of you have read my 20yo AS was suspended from rehab for 2 weeks for being caught in a closet with a girl. And I thank you all for you help in seeing our family through this. His 2 weeks are up tomorrow. He said he called rehab and they told him to call tomorrow and they would pick him up as he has been living in a homeless shelter this entire time until tonight when he is in a hotel room he paid for by working at a day labor place. We have stuck to it and not allowed him to come home or to send him any money. I have had contact with him only through text as I am not strong enough to actually hear his pleas for me to come get him. I just pray that he stays there for the remainder of his time. He only had one week left when he was suspended but I'm not sure if they will add on to his time there or not. I also pray that this time in a shelter has made him grow up and to never want to use drugs or be homeless again. I worry that he will pass the drug test he will surely get tomorrow. I think that if he is clean that would say a lot about his dedication to staying clean. I know this road is far from over, and just beginning in some ways.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This all may be just what he needs to get serious about his recovery. When we stay out of the way and let them fall, they get to learn the lessons they need to do better next time.

Keeping him in my prayers, and sending mama to mama hugs to you.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You all did good, and hopefully his stint at the shelter will give him more incentive to stay in rehab & move forward on the road to recovery.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hoping for a great outcome. I will keep your family in my prayers Dorton. I've been following your thread even though I haven't said anything before now. Keep us posted.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think you and hubby did great at letting him stay down there. It sounds like your son did a pretty good job, too! Amazing what we addicts can do when the "Bank & Hotel of Mom & Dad" shuts down

Most of us A's have to learn a few lessons the hard way, and I hate what that does to our loved ones, but I think, in the long run, everyone learns something. Just look how far you've come in 2 weeks!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I really am pleasantly surprised that he stuck it out down there and is going back to rehab.

I'm also extremely proud of you and your husband! :ghug :ghug
Old 04-16-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

You did wonderfully Dorton. Doesn't it feel good when we stick to our guns. And when the outcome is good~~it even feels better. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers..Smiles, Bonnie
Old 04-16-2009, 07:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((Dorton)))
He learned: That his options were, shelter or rehab
He learned: That he could work for survival if he tried

You learned: he would not die if you didn't rescue
You learned: he's capable of fending for himself if forced to

I learned: All of the above (and needed the reminder)

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

(((Hugs)))
Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dorton,
Awww I am praying all your pain turns to pleasure with your son. It is truly wonderful that he is ready to return to rehab this very well may have been a wonderful lesson for him. You just never know, my son said for the first time ever I want to get and stay clean, just them words from his mouth was a miracle. He has always made it clear to everyone his passion for drugs and it is the one thing he has never lied about, so hoping and praying change is on the horizon for all our addicts.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dorton by stepping out of the way you allowed your son to learn a very valuable lesson on his own. I pray that living on the streets showed him that he does want another life.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dorton -- fantastic for the whole family -- one day at a time -- celebrate the moment and enjoy your life..