I cannot stand it anymore from her.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Unhappy I cannot stand it anymore from her.

She knows that her drinking makes me scared/traumatized, and she doesn't care. She insulted me a bit tonight and also insisted I need to learn to drive when everyone knows I CAN'T BECAUSE I AM JUST TOO FREAKING SCARED, rushing someone into something could be DISASTEROUS. couldn't even spell that right. I'm a bum, and she is right. I just cna't take anymore. Good-bye everyone. :sorry
Old 04-16-2009, 01:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

(((paulos)))

Breathe sweetie, breathe.

Stop listening. Detach, detach, detach. Easier said than done I know but it may well save your life.

Stop thinking about yourself negatively - again something I know from experience is easier said than done. You are worthwhile. You have value. I'm reading Beyond Codependency right now and came across this: 'Its OK to be who I am. Who I am is good and I'm good enough'. Make it your mantra!
:ghug3
Old 04-16-2009, 01:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((paulos)))

stop a moment... stop the stinkin' thinkin'... you don't have to take it anymore..

you don't have to be defined by her, her drinking, her comments.. you can choose to be defined by your own frame of reference.. you can detach like bookwyrm said.. you can start being your own little voice full of positives..

come back.. keep posting.. :ghug
Old 04-16-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Paulos don't listen to those negative thoughts because they aren't true. We alcoholics live a delusional life and we hurt the very people we love the most. The very people that love us the most. It's a part of her sickness not yours Paulos. Healthy people don't treat loved ones the way she is treating you.

You don't have to do anything right this minute in your depression, give yourself a little time so you can decide what to do when you are in a healthy place. In the midst of your depression is not the time to make the big decisions you are are looking at right now.

Take care of yourself Paulos.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I... hurt... NO ONE. And yet I am thought of as an ultimate bum in my house, it's pitiful.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am afraid I'm so new here I may not have the right words. But, I do know how you feel. The pp are right. You don't have to listen and take on the negativity. You don't have to believe what she says to you.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If someone told you that you couldn't master a particularly skilled videogame, would you just believe that tripe outright?????! Absolutely N*O*T. In fact, dare I say, you'd probably feel a slight pity for the soul who thought such a thing.

So I ask you, why by the power of Juju would believe someone who is trying to manipulate you and control your emotions.

Step away from the addict!

She is projecting her own hurt onto you and using your fear of driving as her secret weapon. She's going to pull out something that you're afraid of when she runs out of ammo. It's the EMP that's going to obliterate whatever self respect you have left, and I am telling you now that it only works if you let it.

You are here for support, and we will give you all that you need, don't walk away just yet, please!

Peace to you.
Alice