Notices

Scared

Old 04-14-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

Unhappy Scared

I just need to vent a little bit....So I got a call about 10 minutes ago and it was my lawyers secretary saying are you aware you have court today at 1:15 I've only talked to my lawyer once since all this started.He had me under the impression I wouldn't be in court for awhile.I guess I was supposed to have got a letter in the mail notifying me but I didn't.So I"m very upset and scared, instead of having days to mentally prepare I have a couple of hours.I can't believe my lawyer has not kept me up to speed so very frustarating.I guess wish me luck I just have a feeling it's not going to turn out good at all. Thanks for letting me vent I wish you all well
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I'm not sure what you're going to court for, but I wish you luck Let us know how you're doing after you get home!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can I ask what the court date is for?

And I have to say I had my 1st court appearence in Dec, and when she granted me a Public defender, the public defender said she couldnt take my case until Feb.
It really sucked to go 2 months dreading what I would be sentenced to.

So maybe it is a blessing that you dont have time to fret over it.
Wishing you all the best today!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
broken wings

hi

It is for DUI II and hit and run I got it on Feb.21 Maybe it is a blessing I would have never thought of it that way thanks TABM

Last edited by SilentEyes; 04-14-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: added
Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Ouch.. ok. Well I hope it goes ok, maybe everything will be a bit of an eye opener today, that would be a blessing, eh?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SilentEyes View Post
It is for DUI II and hit and run I got it on Feb.21
Yeah thats what mine was for. Although I didnt have the hit & run, because I rolled my van & totalled it.

At least maybe they can sentence you today & you can start to get this behind you. Let us know how it goes. Will say a prayer for you!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi,

I feel your fear and frustration...I had my first and only DUI two years ago...It haunts me to this day because I hit a family sitting in their car...Thankfully no one was hurt...

As far as court goes I felt like I deserved what ever was coming...I am still paying financially to this day and don't have my drivers' licence yet...But it could be so much worse, the worse causing bodily damage.

Keep sobriety# 1 in your life and everything will come together...It may not be as fast as you want, but you will get thru this...

Thinking of you...
Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for you for a positive outcome!

Let us know what happens!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Turn it over to your HP. I was always told as long as I was honest, open, and willing in my recovery, things would turn out okay. You will get through this! :ghug
Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
broken wings

I also feel I deserve what ever is coming it's just scary.I just feel like I'm not a good person at the moment yeah I'm lucky I didn't hurt anyone either it could've just as eaily been a whole lot worse.Thanks everybody I wil be back on after I get home Thanks again
Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SilentEyes View Post
I also feel I deserve what ever is coming it's just scary.I just feel like I'm not a good person at the moment yeah I'm lucky I didn't hurt anyone either it could've just as eaily been a whole lot worse.Thanks everybody I wil be back on after I get home Thanks again
Oh I know that feeling all too well.
I still dont have my license back either. I feel so bad that I have to ask for rides for myself & my kids everywhere. Again I am greatful I didnt hurt anyone but myself.
I hate that my husband makes crappy comments about having to pick me up from work at 2am, and he has to get up at 7am.

I know everyone says you get past it, etc. Its been almost 6 months since I got mine, & I am just now starting to feel like there is hope.
I just want you to know these feelings are normal, at least thats the case for me. Some how by the Grace of God we will get through all of this.

All the best!
:praying
Old 04-14-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
broken wings

Hey I'm back everything went pretty well but they won't sentence me until my alcohol evaluation is done which it should have been,but the papers weren't sent on time by the guy that evaluated me.So that's what I have to worry about now.
I'm afraid my evaluation isn't that great so I'm concerned about that.(Out patient,Rehab....) I'm just thankful things could be much worse.I feel relieved to have most of the court stuff done with and feel ready to commit to making my life better for me. I want too thank all of you,you really helped me this morning. It feels great to know I have this kind of support.
I realize now that I will never get to the light at the end of the tunnel if I don't go through the tunnel Sorry for such the long post
Old 04-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This post is a healing for alot of us that have been there. Im glad it went well.
You'd be surprised, My lawyer said, just go in & be honest during your assment, dont say you think you only had a couple, or things like that.

I told the truth that I couldnt tell her how many shots I had, and I knew I shouldn't have drove, but did anyway & have more than learned my lesson & had even found an online recovery site that I was learning alot from.

My assement came back that I had to just do the required by everyone in MN that gets a DUI, Alcohol awareness class. Its 2 days 8am-6pm.
I dont know if they have that where you live, but I actually got alot out of it. And loved the fact that my 2 instuctors had each had several DUIs, and werent there to judge. just help us learn how important it is to not drink & drive.

How long till you get your license back?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it went ok SE. My alcohol evaluation is later this month and then back to court. Its very stressful but Im slowly learning to deal with it. Good luck!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
broken wings

For now i won't get my license back til the middle of june but It could be a year before i get it back.The first DUI I had, I had to do a victim impact panel and DUI classes as well and 2 days in jail. Sending much luck your way adore sorry you are having to go through this too, but we are not alone:ghug
Old 04-14-2009, 05:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yes, that's when life is good, when you get a DWI & have to deal with the Court system. I drove the car onto some old lady's front yard & she FREAKED. And I was DRIVING A FRIEND'S CAR, for Lord's sake-shows you how responsible I was.(!) Had a BAC of 2.8% about two hours after this happened. Boggles my mind how STUPID & selfish I was.
That was a scary time. Next thing I know, I'm spending the weekend with my "vato" cellies who thought I was the biggest freak they had ever seen or heard of when I told them I had NEVER spend a day in jail before. (!) They were trying to light their cigarette butts by flicking them against the frayed TV cord. (!)This little episode Lightened my wallet by about $1,500, & that was nearly nine years ago.
It was definitely a learning experience. Wasn't helped by a comedian friend who got some girl to call me one night saying that she was the courthouse clerk, & due to a filing error, I was to surrender myself IMMEDIATELY & report for 60 days jail time.(!) I fell for it, hook, line, & sinker.(!) I wanted to KILL my "friend"!!!
Seriously, if you get rehab, GET something out of it. LEARN. TWO dwIs indicate a problem. Suck it up, & "go and sin no more." Good luck.