Notices

how did this happen

Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how did this happen

Ya I know how it happened, but fixing it seems to be so hard. I have a hubby that is a alcohlic also. What a life. How do you stop when your hubby keeps bring more and more home.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

glad you found sr, fight - welcome!

what are doing to stop? have you thought about aa or any support groups/counseling/medical help?

you can't control your husband's drinking, but you do have choices about your own recovery.

keep posting! hugs, k
Old 04-09-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fighttowin View Post
Ya I know how it happened, but fixing it seems to be so hard. I have a hubby that is a alcohlic also. What a life. How do you stop when your hubby keeps bring more and more home.
welcome!!!

Can't say what I did because I've never been in that exact situation myself, but what I do today is avoid wet people and situations. This will obviously be a lot more difficult in your circumstance, but not impossible.

Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fighttowin View Post
Gosh, this sounds so familar! it could have been me talking about myself!

Welcome to SR! The only advice I have at this time it to just take one day at the time. Don't worry about what will happen tomorrow, focus on today. I only had one day in the last 5 years without booze and that was Tuesday. I come home Wed to a cooler slap full and it got the best of me. I can tell you that I was not feeling the love when I got up this morning, I hated myself and felt like crap. I told myself this morning, that today was a new day and that I would not drink today.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hear ya. I was going to work today, but told myself I will not go to work feeling that way ever again. so I bailed. now sitting at home texting my husband and just crying. hearing all the promises that i have heard over and over.

Then i ask him how he was going to control the craving... I will.....Then i asked him how he was going to handle Easter.....What u mean I can't ever have a drink.

He just does'nt get it.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry for your pain! I'm sure you will get lot's of good advice and support, but i guess, and it's a ridiculous thing for you to hear i'm certain, but you need to concentrate on yourself and somehow get help for you...oh dear...wishing you some sort of break:-)
Old 04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One day at a time Oh how i know that. Before i got to be the everynight 10-12 beer drinker. I use to attend Alon. My hubby use to be a big a_ _ H_ _ _. when I stopped trying to control him he stopped yelling. That is when... I thought if I can't beat it, join it
Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Your situation will make it more difficult, but you can still stop drinking - do it for yourself, no matter where you are. I'm sorry you don't seem to have much support, but just stop drinking for your own good. It CAN be done, but it takes time and effort. But being sober is so worth the time and effort.

Welcome!:ghug3