Notices

Well me again

Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well me again

well- I just dont know what this economy is all about. couple of leads on jobs today, but man do i have obstacles... hope you all are cool. thinking about you all- this site is really cool and gives me a glimmer.
Dub
Old 04-07-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Your not the only one wondering about that.
I have been looking for a job for about 3 weeks now. In that 3 weeks I have put over 20 or 25 apps in. Only got 3 interviews. And no calls back.
Its rough.
I am staying calm and not getting frustrated.
I cant or I will just be in a really bad mood and get all stressed and sick. I cant do that to myself.
I know something will eventually come along.
And for once I am just working on myself and getting healthy and working on my recovery.
I start IOP Thurs. So I am alright for now.
I am just going witht the flow for now.
Things will come together sooner or later.
Just be patient and dont stop trying.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks - you know what i mean- i have read your posts. and know you are in similar sit'n maybe- am getting it now big time head on collision. i can do it, and thanks again- actually if you look at this as a challenge to win it could ironically be fun.....
Good night-
Dub
Old 04-07-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Dedubya sorry you are going through this-

Just like you and Chy I too have lost my job and that was back in September!

I have tried to stay calm as Chy stated and I just keep putting out the resumes!
There are a lot of people out of work and it is heart wrenching-I was offered a job
at 11 dollars lower than what I was making-I have Unemployment and I make more
on that than I would at that job-I have until November and just keep praying that
there is a job out there for me and for everyone that is looking! It has to get better!

Keep your chin up and yes thinking of as a challenge it could be fun and that is for sure a positive attitude!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have a job but I don't feel better.

I am addicted to 2 substances. All I would like to do is go to rehab, get better But I have to work. Hangovers, etc. suck when you have to work. But I know the economy is tough so I will pray that you get a job soon.
Withdrawl from drugs also sucks when you have to work. Boy I wish someone would take me in their arms and just tell me everything will be fine, but you know what? When you are an addict, who will tell you that? I have to go to work tomorrow with a hangover SOL. I hope you find a job soon but feeling better is so important. I work but I still feel like S**(&T.

God bless you. and sorry for the negative post.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I look a for a job, I don't put "apps" in, I send resumes. An application is something you only fill out after interest in you has been established, IMHO.

I buy a chamber of commerce member directory which includes fax numbers and I fax my resume. Thousands of them. At nearly zero cost. You should try this.