Addicted Blackouts

Old 04-06-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addicted Blackouts

I was wondering if someone could explain how the addicted mind works. Does it cause users to have blackouts or forget a lot of things. I find that my husband will use his ATM at different places and then doesn't remember using it. Its never a lot of money and he also has difficulty remembering conversations from 5-10 minutes ago. For example....when the time changed he came in the kitchen and changed the time on the clock then, 5 minutes later he took down the clock and said has anyone ever changed the time on these clocks? Im wondering what actually makes him forget things??????

Thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Most drugs distort the user's perception, congition and memory.

Damage may be permanent, in some cases.

And then there are the lies that compound the situation.

Well enough about him and all this, what have you been doing for yourself, lately?
Old 04-06-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
He doesn't ever forget the pin number to the ATM card does he? A bit of selective memory.
Missed that gem......funny how this works.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What are you doing today to improve your life, hon?

:ghug :ghug
Old 04-06-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Okay I am focusing on me and the kids more nowadays. But, as far as the ATM goes please let me clarify..... It is being used as a visa and most places don't ask for an ID. Especially restaurants and liquor stores. I told him that he need to press charges and he just brushes it off. I have such a difficult situation. I think that people would start to think that I was crazy if they knew the full details. But, today I can actually say that I have all of my marbles. But, because I am starting to see a change in my kids its time to GET OUT!!!! I am doing it for the sake of my children. If it was only me then I could make a different choice if I choose.... But, I said if I ever saw a change in my children then my decision would be made. I have to make a change soon....(THIS WEEK) A close friend that works with him told me that he is hanging on to his management position by a thread... I don't want him to think it's over because he lost his job... I want him to know that it is over because of his ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!! I am soo fed up. He plays the DR. Jekeyll and Mr. Hyde role. This weekend fri and sat was so peaceful and for the first time in months I saw a little of my husband reappear. He worked in the yard, made smoothies with the kids, took us out to dinner, bar b que'd and played cards with friends... Then the very next day the girl (from my previous posts) calls and all chaos breaks loose........ So he showed up this morning at 4 right before work and he was in a rage,,,, Looked like he hadn't slept all night and again that crazy BUG SPRAY smell..UGGGGGH but, guess what I don't care where he was, I dont care what he was doing, I dont care if he shows up tonight, I dont care if the police calls and says he's in jail OR DEAD, guess what for the first time I DONT CARE. I can't wait to get off and go home to see my children and continue reading my book. It's my time and you know the addicted mind ........ OH WELL..I think I posted earlier when I felt a little vulnerable.. But, I'm back on track now!!!!

Thanks alll.....
Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am glad you are making the right choice for your children. You will eventually come to see it was the right choice for you too. :ghug :ghug :ghug