Son Did The Right Thing

Old 04-05-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied

Son Did The Right Thing

My youngest son has been separated from his sons mother for going on 4 yrs.
She cheated on him, left him for another guy ( with the boys ) while he was at work, he took her back again, she left again & got pregnant by another guy, he took her back agan and helped her get an abotion then after it was over she left again. He has been raisng his boys with our help for almost 4 yrs. A few wks ago she showed up on his doorstep on a Wed. Now she is addicted to heroin. She asked my son for help to get into a rehab. He took her to the local D & A & they arranged her admission. She had no place to stay until Sat ( when the rehab had a bed ) so he let her stay at his place. I kept the little one at my house so it wouldn't upset him but the 7yr old was home with my son. That Sat he drove her to the rehab.
Not 13 days later she was calling him telling him she was being discharged and needed a place to stay for 2 weeks.
I was so proud of my son. He told her they had been broken up for yrs even before she had a serious drug problem. He told her that she left him for another yrs ago & he had given her more than enough chances. He told her it was enough that he was raising their 2 kids without any help from her & not to call him anymore expecting him to help because he was done. He told her he had helped her get into the rehab now the rest was up to her.
I am very glad my son didn't cave to the pressure she put on him. He has done more than most guys would have done to help her. He is now thinking only of his sons and protecting them. I know even when she stayed those 3 days how much it upset the 7yr old. I am so very glad he is done with her & my grandsons will be safe.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It must be really hard on him even though they have been broken up for several years. What a great dad he is to put his children first. Really, and himself first too. He's been mom and dad to the kids for long enough to know that this is the best move for all. I'm impressed with his detachment! Your support probably really helps, also, for him to realize he IS doing the right thing. Hopefully the boys' mother will continue on her road to recovery. Thanks for sharing
Old 04-05-2009, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing! How proud you must be! It is so awesome to hear of dads that step up and take care of their children!!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm always happy when a parent (be it mom or dad) step up to the plate and put the children first. You should be proud of your son.

And his detachment, good for him.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for him and isn't it great - he figured this out on his own with no need for worry!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good for him and good for the children. He made a good choice and now he can get on with his life.

Hugs
Old 04-06-2009, 02:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Rozied)))

Good for him!! I'm glad your grandsons have a dad who is looking out for their best interests.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
rozied

Thank you everyone.
I know it was hard for him. Even taking her in for the 3 days was hard for him because he knew how upset Jim & I would be. I posted about that when it happened. He felt he had to do it as she is the mother of his children & he felt if he could do anything to help save a life he should. I am just glad he had his own boundaries and stuck to them.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi rozied, That must have been hard for your son but he really pulled through this time. Just knowing she is the mother of those lil guys must pull at his heartstrings~~~~but good for him!! He knows the boys come first and thats a good thing. Good for you also~~~you and hubby can take a deep breathe and know he's done with that part of his life......Smiles, Bonnie
Old 04-06-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Wink

I remember when you stressed over giving him the gas money to get her there. I think both of you did a good job! Your recovery may have rubbed off on him!! Both of you gave with compassion and she of course took all she could. for you both!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
rozied

Thanks Bonnie & Splendra, I am very proud of him. I must say I am also very relieved. After all we went through with this woman, how she broke his heart over and over, and how his dad and I had to pick up the pieces. Now with her addicted to heroin, ( he told me she has become a cutter too!!!)I am just glad it is really over.
I pray everyday he meets a good woman. one who will love him unconditionally, and love his children too.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Rozied

That is wonderful news! You should be very proud of your son for being such a good daddy and putting the children's welfare ahead of his her.

I'm so proud of him. Had he taken her in this time, there would be never-ending problems with her always needing something of him and upsetting the entire household all the time.

This would certainly take a toll on the children eventually!

Hugs to you, your grandchildren and your son.

Devastated