Notices

So did anyone get an April Fools joke played on them?

Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So did anyone get an April Fools joke played on them?

I didnt even think about it being Aprils Fools day. My sister called & woke me up this moring all upset & said someone stole their boat!
She sounded really upset & said she needed to call the cops & we were on the phone for over 15 minutes. She even went on to say how much they still owe on it & how they dont think they will be able to replace it, because they wont get enough back from insurance to get a new one.

I was really upset, and I just thought of all the weekends we spent on the boat together, and my sons first time he went fishing, and to think we wont be able to do that this summer, I really started to get choaked up for her. Kept saying how bad I felt for her.

Then her voice changed & she said "do you know what day it is?"

Yep, I was had! Anyone else?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Not anything real good, But I opened the doors and told my employees we were closing half a day today because I had to go to the doctor.
So I watched my joyful workers so happy while they worked, then noon came and they asked me if it was time to close the doors and I said...

APRIL FOOLS
They are not so happy right now.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hardwired,
That is MESSED up!

My SIL put up a post on FB about being pregnant with their 4th. I could not believe that she posted before telling the family! then someone reminded me what day it was.

My 9 year old put a not in the shower saying
"No soap"
(it is in the drawer, April Fools) haha

I texted my sponsor and told her I was afraid to call her that she would fire me and I REALLY messed up last night. I felt so ashamed.
She called in a panic. She was NOT amused with the joke. (lol)
Old 04-01-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was having a coffee this morning and browsing this board...

My wife came in the room and said there was smoke coming out from under
my desk, the computer was smoking.....just about spilled my coffee, April Fools!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I tried the whole I slipped April Fools thing here when I first joined. Lets say it didnt go over well at all.
And I see why. Thats something I wouldnt joke about now.
Plus it may put doubt in that persons mind that you did it to. Just my opinion.

No jokes here.

We wait til Easter and color a raw egg and give it to one unsuspecting person.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yes. Paula, (a girl I work with) taped the button under my phone receiver down so when I picked it up, I didn't get a dial tone or anything. I was trying to pick the phone for another attorney and I couldn't and I was like....What's wrong with my phone?? I can't pick Chad's line?? I started to go downstairs and tell the girl who handles phone problems when Paula came around the corner and said, c'mere, and showed me what she had done. April Fools!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i wish i had gotten or given one! i love april fools! still trying to think of one to do to hubby, so everybody KEEP POSTING!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My stedaughter put a rubber band on the spray nozzle handle on our kitchen sink. 1st thing I did when I walked in the door from work was turn on the water to wash my hands. Instead I got a blast to the chest from the sprayer. Good fun.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saddler View Post
My stedaughter put a rubber band on the spray nozzle handle on our kitchen sink. 1st thing I did when I walked in the door from work was turn on the water to wash my hands. Instead I got a blast to the chest from the sprayer. Good fun.
Always a classic..
Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

Meh just some egghead type trying to tell me that the world is round and not flat. I straightened them out good though.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My 17 year old daughter was out with friends last nite and texted me saying: Mom, I did something really stupid tonite and I think we need to talk about it in person...this was at 10:30 at night.

So I immediately called her in a panic, heart pounding and she answered in this scared little voice and I said, What is going on...and she said APRIL FOOLS. Little brat...that's enough to give a mother a coronary.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yeah my 14 yr got me too. She called saying she had been in a bad car accident, and the car wasnt driveable. I got really worked up & said I was on my way & we would need to go to the hospital to get checked out.
Then I hear my sister in the back ground cracking up. Then I hear 2x's in one day! Nice!