April Fool's Joke? Ugh.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

April Fool's Joke? Ugh.

So it has been no contact since last October. Today I get an email from him, asking if I have an address for him to send things too, and apologizing for missing my phone call (I never made one).

Email ends with "I love you."

:wtf2

Not asking for advice, just putting this out here for posterity.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Girl, watch out. If it seems fishy, it probably is...
Old 04-01-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
Girl, watch out. If it seems fishy, it probably is...
He is the definition of fishy! This is just par for the course in our marriage.

The codie in me wants to say, "Look, he's reaching out, maybe he's finally working his program!"

LOL.

I should add, a friend of mine got an email from him about a month ago, asking if I had an address for him to forward mail to, since he was "tired of her creditors bugging him". There are only 3, 2 of which happened when he shut off the credit card and closed our joint banking accounts.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fishy fishy fishy

I just got a facebook 'friend' request from my x (whom I haven't seen for years, but who continues to try to call me from time to time to try again) He'd love to be able to see what I'm up to, who I'm talking with, where he can find me.

I deleted it with no response.

Which might be a good choice for you too
Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Email filters work great! My dad found that out when he was in toxic mode and thought email would work when I wasn't answering the phone.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's just more insanity.

He doesn't need my address for a thing.
If I had called him, why didn't he try to call back?
No mention that I'VE BEEN GONE FOR 5 MONTHS???

Pure insanity. Or, a bad April Fool's joke.

Meh.

GiveLove: Years? Why doesn't he move on? Geez.

I don't know what to do about this one, really. There are a lot of loose ends that need cleaned up, and everything (almost) that I own is at his house. Etc. But, I'm in no position to do anything about it right now, I have little money.

So, I dunno.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Why doesn't he move on? Geez.
Hmmmm. Not knowing (or probably in my case, not remembering) the details of your situation, with most of your things still at his house, and lots of loose ends still needing to be tied up, 'moving on' is kind of...well...there's just still sticky stuff there, no?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I can't afford to move them Freedom. And I can't afford an attorney. I've called all the pro bono attorneys in that area, to no avail. So...nothing I can do right now.

(and that was replying to GiveLove's situation with her ex of years, not my situation)
Old 04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

:wtf2 :wtf2 :wtf2

Oh yeah, I had forgot. They live in an Alternate Universe, the time-space continuum concepts we have, do not apply To Them.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fishy... and fishing.. watch out for those hooks..
Old 04-01-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

New info: I checked my phone, and a call was made to his phone on the 15th of March. 20 seconds or so. My daughter wasn't with me (or the phone) on that day. I was out, with it in my pocket and I'm guessing I bumped it and it dialed. Why it had to dial HIM I don't know.

I've had this happen before, twice.

anvilhead: When he emailed my friend last month asking for my address (he didn't email me for it) he said he wanted it to send my mail to me, as he was tired of my creditors bothering him. I've contacted them all, and given them my new address. So, that's not a valid reason. And no, it's not reasonable for me to ask him for my things. He cut off any access I had to money, changed the PIN number on our accounts (before I left), cut off our health insurance, refused to put insurance info in the vehicle that he refused to put in my name (so I couldn't leave), etc.

I have no confidence that he has any plans on paying the money to ship me a household worth of belongings, going by his past actions.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
ok, slow down, don't need to bite MY head off, i'm just trying to have a lay of the land here!!! how about delete his number off your cell phone? for starters. that way you cannot possibly accidently dial his number.

did you put in a change of address with the post office? that should have stopped anything from going TO the old house.

i'm thinking maybe just write off anything left there and associated with him, and start with a clean slate. you've lived with it THIS long, obviously it wasn't mission critical. that way you can just be DONE with him, and move on. ?????

Sorry! Didn't mean to come across that way. Wasn't biting, honest

I should have deleted his number, it hardly ever use the phone, it just didn't occur to me.

No, I didn't put in a change of address. I had some trouble with that in the past, with them putting my new mail with the new address on those yellow labels in the old mailbox. I didn't want to risk that, so I've been contacting everyone to change the address by hand.

I have some irreplaceable things there. But, in the end, it's just stuff. I might have a friend go and get the Harley, and just write off everything else. I was really wanting to get an attorney for all this, but I haven't had the money yet.

And, of course, wherever it is he has MY car, since the one I'm driving isn't in my name, I can't even get a tag for it. Bleh...it never ends.

Anyway, regardless of all that mess: He does think I called him on the 15th, and he would be correct in that. Though there wouldn't have been a message or anything. Why he took this much time to email, who knows.

Now I have to decide whether to clear that up or not even bother.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
might wanna block him on email too? after i suggested the change of address thing i thought about what you said where mail sometimes still goes to the OLD address with the NEW address on it and i understand why you don't want a trail to your door!!!!

even a Harley might not be worth the trouble in the long run. sometimes we pay a high price for freedom, but then again.......isn't our freedom PRICELESS??????
It's an antique...sigh.

But yes, you are absolutely 100% right on. Freedom IS priceless. And I'm loving it when I'm not stressing over jobs and money Been doing pretty good too, until today. This really threw me - totally reinforcing that I am in no shape to deal with him yet.

And I will have to at some point, if I can't get an attorney. I can't keep driving this vehicle, though if I could get another I'd be happy to let this one sit and forget about it. That requires a job, which is my #1 priority.

ETA: I'm blocking his email as soon as I figure out how to do that. Looking now.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

New info: I checked my phone, and a call was made to his phone on the 15th of March. 20 seconds or so. My daughter wasn't with me (or the phone) on that day. I was out, with it in my pocket and I'm guessing I bumped it and it dialed. Why it had to dial HIM I don't know.
still.. doesn't explain the 'I love you'..
Old 04-01-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tallulah View Post
still.. doesn't explain the 'I love you'..
No, it doesn't. Nor the time frame. Call was made on the 15th, today is the 1st.

Not a bit of it matters really. The email is still nuts.

But, in his mind you see, I called him. I made the "apology" by making that move. So, I was a good girl and I get rewarded for that. Normal operation in my marriage.

ETA: I've got to make a decision. Do I email him back to clear this up or no...Sigh.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

An...antique....Harley?!

*thud*

(nevermind the unconscious old broad on the floor)
Old 04-01-2009, 06:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
An...antique....Harley?!

*thud*

Way to make her feel better free

I heard a share recently, don't remember where, woman went to go get her stuff and brought some FULL ON bruisers....ummm....women bruisers....biker women bruisers.

From what I remember they were LOOKING to kick some man@ss

The recovery was without incident IIRC.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
An...antique....Harley?!

*thud*

'56

Old 04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ago View Post
Way to make her feel better free

I heard a share recently, don't remember where, woman went to go get her stuff and brought some FULL ON bruisers....ummm....women bruisers....biker women bruisers.

From what I remember they were LOOKING to kick some man@ss

The recovery was without incident IIRC.
Like I said, I might get someone to go get that one thing at least.

When I have the money to transport my stuff, I'll worry about the rest, right now I don't. So no use fretting over it.

I can get a whole crew of bruisers :P But, all mine live many hours drive from where he does.

Anyway, thanks for listening folks. I'm still mulling how to deal with the email.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Like I said, I might get someone to go get that one thing at least.

When I have the money to transport my stuff, I'll worry about the rest, right now I don't. So no use fretting over it.

I can get a whole crew of bruisers :P But, all mine live many hours drive from where he does.

Anyway, thanks for listening folks. I'm still mulling how to deal with the email.
Women Bruisers will emasculate, frighten, and confuse him.