Frustrated

Old 03-31-2009, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated

Now that I've decided to move forward with filing I'm ready and it can't be soon enough. No turning back, no regrets. I have to come up with $500 to file and I don't have it. I just got paid Friday and they shorted me 25 hours of pay. They will cut a check, but probably not until next Wed.

It's VERY hard to be here now that I know my plans and my attorney advised he not get wind of it and file first (he has over $10,000 in HIS account which soon will half be MINE). So I just wanted to see if anyone had any creative, legal, and ethical ideas for coming up with some quick cash?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ABF is a lawyer- He's told me about people who don't have the money that get the filing fee waved. You'll have to ask for the form to fill out, most of the time they don't mention it as an option because they'd lose money.

Congrats on making the decision!

Now what time does the courthouse open tomorrow?

Old 03-31-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm growing

Can you sell something? Borrow from a friend or family member till pay day?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I probably could borrow.......that darn pride thing, you know?! Thought about selling the wedding ring. I won't have much use for it and it's just sitting in my drawer anyway. Is that wrong though?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This cracks me up

I hadn't read in The Language of Letting Go for a few days (been a little preoccupied) and it was sitting by the computer so I opened it to March 31.

Finances

"If there is too little money to survive, use the appropriate resources available without shame.

Set goals.
Believe you deserve the best financially.
Believe God cares about your finances.
Let go of your fear, and trust."

I guess now's when I swallow my pride and "use the appropriate resources", huh?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LOL
Yep, that would be now I guess, blessed

Is there a bill you can postpone paying until you get paid?
Something you can pawn? Sell? Plasma, maybe? LOL (I've heard they get 100.00 around here)

Borrowing seems like a good solution, especially if you present them with a clear plan to pay them back with "interest" (in whatever form interest might take, like a nice dinner?)

XOX
GL
Old 04-01-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can also ask (at least in California) for him to pay the legal expenses in the divorce papers. This is in addition to your "half" of the settlement. Some attorneys will take the case based on that with no up front cost.

L
Old 04-01-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
Something you can pawn? Sell? Plasma, maybe? LOL (I've heard they get 100.00 around here)
OMG! $100?!! In undergrad I sold plasma (and waited tables, and made people lattes) and I got a grand total of $25 for my efforts! Wowsers, inflation makes me feel old!

Sorry for the hijack, blessed - and sorry for your frustration, as well. I LOVE the resolve that I hear in your "voice", though. Consider the additional strength you will garner if you share your story with a close family member, lean on their financial and emotional support, and push your way through this chaos together. Maybe this frustration serves a purpose, too.

-TC
Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm growing

Isn't is amazing how we always seem to get just what we need

If you do sell the ring I would go to a jewelry store. You will get more than at a Pawn shop.

also, craigslist is a great place to sell things What do you got laying around in the attic or garage that could be sold?

I don't know how often you can go....but if you can sell Plasma for $100....that might be a good option. I had no idea you could get that much!!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Okay throw the pride thing out the window, you need help and that's what friends and family are for. I had to borrow as well what I did was write a IOU and put a date on it when you will pay it back, this will keep your "pride" in check!
Good luck, we love you!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kermit View Post
Good luck, we love you!

Thank you!! As it turns out there was a $1200 mistake (before taxes) and because it is so large they will make exception and cut a check tomorrow. The payroll people were not very happy about it, and tried to have me just wait until next Friday, but I held my ground. A lesson in assertiveness, eh? And, I didn't even tell them WHY I needed the money.....none of their business and I don't have to air my dirty laundry!

Progress for sure.......look out world! I am woman, hear me ROAR!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blessed4x View Post
Thank you!! As it turns out there was a $1200 mistake (before taxes) and because it is so large they will make exception and cut a check tomorrow. The payroll people were not very happy about it, and tried to have me just wait until next Friday, but I held my ground. A lesson in assertiveness, eh? And, I didn't even tell them WHY I needed the money.....none of their business and I don't have to air my dirty laundry!

Now tell me there isn't an HP at work in your life, and that you haven't made progress, gal?! You go, girl, you go!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

And the universe provides

Good luck with the filing... :ghug3
Old 04-01-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Old 04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Good news! :ghug3
Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Awakening

Thought about selling the wedding ring. I won't have much use for it and it's just sitting in my drawer anyway. Is that wrong though?
I put mine on consignment at a jewelry store, they kept 20% of the sale price. MUCH better than a pawn shop.

Is it wrong though? :wtf2

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

Just finished the thread, hot damn! You can still sell it and buy yourself something you WANT.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Yes!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I read your post and wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts.
Keep taking care of yourself.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Believe it or not, it gets even better! They OVERpaid me $500, the exact amount I needed. Of course I told my boss, and she said to keep it......she wasn't messing with God's plan!

If this is any sign of the good things to come I can't wait to see what's in store!!!! I think I'll pick myself up off the floor now, LOL!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

When I finally started making right, healthy choices for myself, I was amazed at the serendipity of things just like this. My boss at the time noted that I was going to lose my house because "he" was leaving, I had to refinance alone, and I didn't have the income to qualify for the entire mortgage myself. She asked me, "How much would you have to make to qualify?" And I told her (I was a few thousand dollars a year shy). And she gave me a raise on the spot, printed off a letter stating that, and said, "Take this to the mortgage company right now. See you tomorrow."

When we start moving in the right direction, good things happen. I'm convinced of it now.