Notices

Well, I am back.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, I am back.

Have not been back on here in a while. I made it 30 days sober but started drinking again about a month ago. Am on day 2 again and not too bad so far. Not even sure why i started drinking again but i did. A quick refresher on my story.... I am 32 years old and have been drinking since i got out of school and very heavily the last 5 years at least. Drink every day. Have quit a few times over the last year and did not have to many problems but then have found myself having a few drinks here and there. I think you all know where that leads after that. Next thing i know i feel like crap every day and my life comes to a hault. I am not going to continue to live like that. Not to mention my body cant take it any more. I am glad to be back and this forum has always been a big help to me. Look forward to hearing from all of you again. Will check in frequently as that seems to really help.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello my friend... sorry to hear you are having a hard time. The good thing is that you already know that you don't want to live your life like this so now that you have fallen just get back up and move forward toward your goals in a sober life. Boy that was easy to say and trust me I know how hard it is to do. Just know that you have prayers going up for you and don't give up on yourself!:ghug3 Big hug...
Old 03-31-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This site has helped me greatly. I hope it does the same for you.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

craze283.. I too just came back, am 32 and did exactally what you did... lets do this together ok!!?? Heres to US not coming back in a month repeating the same things!!! I don't know about you but I am too exhausted to try and climb out of another drunker stooper, I am thinking there may be something to staying sober!!!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 11:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We can do this together. Couldnt agree more that their must be something to be said for staying sober. Dont think my body would last much longer at the pace i was drinking.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Craze,
Glad you have found this place. I`m 37 and your story sounds very familiar. I realised I had a problem about two years ago and then went 7 months sober after finding this site. I started again for no reason! (are you seeing a pattern?) But since then I have fallen down soo many times. I to and sick of feeling crap and waking up with a sence of dread about what I have done. I feel move positive this time. On day 6 now!! We can do this. I would love to join you and Kenyathena to make it a team event across the Atlantic. PM me if you wish.
Stay strong,
:ghug3
Old 03-31-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The more support the better windsurfer. I am here for you.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have just come back also 2 days c/s house full of users having a tough time one min. at a time god help me
Old 03-31-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hmmm looks like I am going to have to represent for the canadian alkies on here, eh!? lol.. I think this is a great idea lets do this and support one another!!! What does PM mean? I am new at this!!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi all!

There's a great "class of March" going with some fabulous people all attempting to support one another. Have a look....:ghug
Old 03-31-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome and keep coming back. I have relapsed too---seeming to think that NOW I could control my drinking. And, each time, proven wrong. I cannot simply drink in moderation. I'm reminded of a saying "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome."I'm taking it one day - sometimes one hour or minute at a time. Prayers and hugs:ghug3
Old 03-31-2009, 02:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all for responses and keep them coming. Have found this place very helpfull and comoforting. Nice to talk to people who know what i am going through.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well it is day 3 and so far i have not been feeling too bad. Hopefully it stays this way.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Congrats on Day 3! Keep moving forward. Don't give up!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

THe worst for me was always the first three days. AFter that I started feeling more human. You can do this. Just don't drink today. :ghug3
Old 04-01-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Lack 'a' power

Hey guys, Welcome home!! We left the lights on for yuz.

I grew up 60 miles from the Canadian border and I once asked a Canadian what the "Eh" was all about. He replied, "It's in the spelling" C-eh, N-eh, D-eh ! Always thought that was funny.

Anyway, all seriousness aside, relapse doesn't have to be part of recovery.
It took me 15 years to get over 90 days. It took what it took. It will take what it takes. In the mean time take 'er easy.

Just remember, a bad round of golf is still way better then a good day at work, or is that fishing?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on the three days, stay in the day, take it one day, or hour, or minute at a time. So what do you plan on doing different this time to stay sober?

I tried the "I will simply not drink program" for many years and I always wound up drinking again, I was unable to stay sober until I was willing to do what ever it takes to stay sober, & that included a whole lot of things that I swore I would never do before. Once I became willing to take any action in order to not drink again is when I was able to stay sober.

There are several good recovery programs out there that work for people, the one that worked for me was the very last one I ever dreamed of doing.... AA. Keep in mind that what ever program you decide to pursue do not give up on the program or your self until you can honestly say to your self "I have done every thing this program has suggested I do to the best of my ability."

Now if after working a program to the best of your ability you are still really struggling or drinking again then try honestly working another program.

There is no reason to fight this alone when you are not alone.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Nice work craze 3 days is great keep it up. HUGE HUGZ.. it is snowing here in Vancouver Canada... is this some sort of April Fools JOKE???? lol
Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Pretty nice here in ohio kenyathena. Feeling pretty good today as well.....
Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hang in there bro-
I am struggling also but that is to be expected... go look at the beauty in this world. which frankly I could do a better job of.....be strong and tough. you will get through it.
Dub