Can't Sleep.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Unhappy Can't Sleep.

Well, there are so many new "faces" here now, since I haven't posted here much at all in such a very long time. So most won't remember me anyway, but I can't sleep tonight because an Alanon friend that I haven't seen in over two years, lost her son in an automobile accident while running from the police, Saturday night. I just found out not long before going to bed tonight (Sunday Night), so I haven't gotten to speak with her at all. She's one of the first ones that I met when I first found Alanon several years ago. She guided me to the best meetings and encouraged me to keep coming back. She's a very giving lady and this was her youngest son, whom she adored. I am just so heart-broken for her.

This also makes me so concerned for another friend that started the same time as I did and the first lady took her under her wing while she went through many losses of different kinds and then about a year after we started Alanon, this second lady lost her son to an overdose and was the one to find him in his bed. The first lady was with her through every step of the way and even had her come to stay at her house so that she wouldn't be alone at all through the trauma. Now I'm sure that this will bring it back to the point of her reliving her great loss as well as the first lady's great loss.

It's just so sad what some parents have to go through because of drugs & alcohol addictions. It's so unreal. It just doesn't make any sense.

I hope to get to see her tomorrow. If any of you get a chance, would you please pray for both of these special Moms. This is the ultimate trauma and I can only imagine what they are each going through.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Nina Kay)))

Sending out lots and lots of hugs and prayers for you, your friends and all the people who are affected by addiction. I always say a special prayer for the moms. You bring this beautiful child into the world, and are full of hopes and dreams. Addiction often turns that child into someone you don't even recognize. Sometimes it literally takes your child away.

I hope you can get some rest. You certainly deserve it...you and all the rest of the mom's and da's.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

********........}}}}}}
Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so sorry, Nina Kay and my prayers go out to these people who suffer the sadness of loss today.

A gift of the fellowship is how we all take care of each other in times like this, and your friends are blessed to have someone like you who cares so much and a group of people from meetings who understand and can be with them.

Addiction is heart breaking, to the addicts and to all who love them.

Hugs
Old 03-30-2009, 02:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prayers for both families. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

Nina,
I will be thinking of both these special Moms, and of you.
Love and support,
Holly
Old 03-30-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nina Kay, Hugs & Prayers for you & both of your friends.

Chris
Old 03-30-2009, 08:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((NinaKay))))
I hope since you posted this you have been able to get some rest. I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. I suspect your other firend who lost her son earlier will find this an opportunity to be there for this woman and give back some of the love and caring given to her. It's difficult to describe how much it means when people who care are with you, whether physically or just through thoughts and prayers, during such painful times.

You are a wonderful friend to these women...Thanks for caring so much. I will keep them and their families in my prayers...and you too of course, dear Nina.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cmc

(((Nina Kay))))
I'm praying for your Al-Anon friends and for you too.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

addiction sucks ! I hate it !
So sorry these ladies are living a mom's worst nightmare.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sending my thoughts and prayers to your friends and you tonite. What a terrible tragedy. I just don't know what else to say.

Gotahavfaith
:praying
Old 03-30-2009, 10:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Still Standing

I want to thank each of you for the special thoughts, hugs and prayers. This is truly a Mother's worst nightmare come true for these two special ladies. I just can't understand this at all. It's just needless heartwrenching pain. We do definitely need to stick together. I need to remember this, as I always tend to withdraw & isolate, neglecting those I truly love and care about.

I suspect your other firend who lost her son earlier will find this an opportunity to be there for this woman and give back some of the love and caring given to her.
This is exactly what is happening right now between these two ladies, dear Greet. The tides are surely turned and she is the one that is stepping up to take care of this lady and her needs during this devastating time, just as she was once taken care of by this same lady when she went through the loss of her son, some five years ago. Their sons were the same age. They did not know each other before we all met in Alanon.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Prayers to those ladies Nina, I am so sorry.

hugs,
sisofD
Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My prayers are with you and the mothers who have lost their son's. I know what it means to have lost a son.
a friend
Maggiemac
Old 03-31-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
BBD

Prayers and hugs being sent your way. I can't imagine the pain of losing someone to all these horrible diseases....Smiles, Bonnie
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((( Nina Kay ))))
welcome back....we are here for you. Prayers going up for your friends - may they be wrapped in a blanket of peace and compassion.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Thank you everyone for your caring thoughts, hugs & prayers. I will be going to the viewing for this young man tomorrow evening and then the funeral the next morning. I just can't believe that this has happened and yet I can. I almost lost my son so many times during these addictions, that a few years ago, I got him a burial plot. I can't believe that he is still with me, but by the grace of God, he is. None of us know for how long we'll get to have our loved ones here. I see and understand this more clearly everyday. So I just stay in the now and appreciate what time I do have with him & I try not to project, like I used to, where he is concerned. I just don't understand it all and I never will. It's all such a waste and so hurtful. Life can be so very hard, so I want to focus on the good times with the ones I love and care about, and absorb it all into my very being with joy and gratitude. I only hope that it will be enough to sustain me if and when the worst does come about.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
rozied

Prayers being said for both of these families. I know what it is like to lose a son, in 2005 my step son lost his life in a horrific car accident. I miss him everyday. I know my hubby will never be the same either, he was his only biological child.