Notices

expanding my higher power

Old 03-29-2009, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

expanding my higher power

the first time my sponsor told me to practice "expanding my higher power", a tinge of resentment came over me. and the second time as well.

I've heard it a few times now and I cherish it today. It was a theme of his open talk last night and I felt at home listening to him. I'm so very fortunate to have been introduced and blessed with his support.

He allows me to follow my path of healing. He supports me to practice new behaviors. And he lets me experience my pain by hearing me when I am hurting or having an urge.

and so right now, I am feeling an expansion of my relationship to the great unknown of the universe. I don't understand my higher power...or OUR higher power. AND I am glad that I know that and that I am OK with that. My Higher power just "is". and I am coming to believe that to be more connected with this power can help me, and others, to be better people.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are on a great path of learning & discovery,,, stay on it.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

thats about as well put as I ever heard it ksplash-thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 02:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ksplash5,

Great post ! Thanks .
I believe in Higher Power and probably that's why I am here .
Today is day 21 for me and this is a victory .

Having a sponsor is a good idea . I've never got one and here is a time to have one .
So I am starting to look around .

All the best and keep it up , witt
Old 03-30-2009, 04:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Step 11, one of the primary maintenance steps I have found. I understand that my HP is there and that he loves me and wants the best for me and all he wants me to do is to simply do his will. I ask to be able to do his will and to be able to see what is put in front of me to help get his will done. Funny thing I have found, if what I am trying to do is his will I always have the power to do that. Part of his will for me is for me to stay sober, and if I am doing my part he gives me that power, but in a very neat way, he simply lifts the obsession to drink as long as I am spiritually fit.

I keep seeking and opening up and he takes care of me. This was far from easy at first, but I slowly learned that the better my contact with him is, the better things go in the world around me, the world may not be as I would like it, but that is okay, because I am not in charge of that world, I am simply a part og it and as long as I do not try and run it life goes pretty darn good. I have found that when I just let it happen and not try to force my will upon the world the world is a far more peaceful and serene place.