Notices

Slowly feeling better

Old 03-29-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slowly feeling better

It's been two weeks now sober and it feels more like three weeks.
I'm starting to slowly(and I'm mean slow) feel better, .....been going to a meeting everyday but not Saturday and Sunday I like to give myself a break.
Thursday I went to my home group meeting witch I started a year ago.
I picked up a desire chip, I was so nervous my heart was pounding and I was shacking a bit. Picking up a chip when you've been away for a long time always feels weird.
It was really nice to see old faces and them see me and welcome me back.
Three of the older lady's swarmed me and bought me the big book, all three remembered me and gave me their numbers.
That night I went to a business meeting and agreed to come an hour early next Thursday to make coffee. I almost didn't stay but just as I was about to leave they were about to the serenity prayer and they asked me to join them, so I did. I figured I'd get evolved right away.......cause I've been super bored.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're feeling better. Life does get better sober, but it takes a while to readjust to living without alcohol. Stick with it, it will get better.:ghug3
Old 03-29-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great Kat! It is kinda of awkward to come back and pick up a chip but really everyone is glad to see people come back. It's the folks I never see back that I worry about. Everyone will say you should hang around before and after meetings and it is so true! It is a great way to get to know people and feel like you are part of the fellowship. I made coffee for six months when I first got sober. Had to haul a large 60 cup coffee maker back and forth. I got to dislike it sometimes but it gave me a reason to go to meetings when I needed to the most.

Sober drunks are fun people, there a little nuts just like me!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kat,

That sounds really good.

I do remember the first couple of weeks seeming very long, but then before I knew it, a month had gone by, and I was amazed.

It's great that you found good support at your meeting.

And, giving yourself a break is a good idea. I think balance is really important in recovery.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I am glad you are feeling more positive....