Notices

Time for a post...

Old 03-28-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time for a post...

Well, I haven't been around here as much as I'd like to lately and been posting on threads and whatnot when I have a chance and feel like I may be of some help. So, I just thought I'd do a little thread and say hi and that I'm thankful.

I'm very lucky over the past couple of weeks to be working for my "grandsponsor" while the weather has been decent to do some outside work. So, because of this, haven't been around as much as I'd like. But, I'm thankful to be doing all this work and being able to help someone out. It's been keeping me busy and away from the bottle and helping me to make enough money to keep up with bills and what not. And for that I am appreciative and thankful beyond belief. Have also been getting with my Sponsor and Grandsponsor and we've been doing "jam sessions" type deal on Friday nights which is also a good way to keep busy and entertained without drinking. So once again am thankful for that. And am happy and thankful to be working on my day 52 today. I also cannot even begin to say how thankful I am for this site and all the wonderful people I've met on here that have been around from my start here. As well as being thankful for all the newcomers.

This site is a great site for support, information and new friends and "family" in sobriety. So a big thank you to SR! And thanks for letting me share.

Wes
Old 03-28-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Congrats on 52 days! Those "jam sessions" you mentioned do sound like alot of fun.......thanks for sharing.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Great job on 52 days.
I know it has been great to get out the last couple days. Yesterday and today were the first days it has been even close to decent enough to go outside. And I have definately been taking full advantage of it.
Keep up the great work.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wes,

It sounds like things are going really well!
Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Wes, it is good to hear from you...congratulations on 52 days!
glad to hear you are doing so well
Old 03-28-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Wes and a big congratulations on 52 days

Great job my friend!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Happy day 52!

Learning to live sober is like learning to live all over again....in a healthy, positive way. Yay for you!
Old 03-28-2009, 08:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Hey Wes,

Good to hear from you. You sound happy and motivated and of sound mind. What more can we ask? Good job! Excellent job!

- Emilie
Old 03-28-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sounds really good Wes....
Congratulations on your sober progress
Old 03-29-2009, 12:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi CoF1984...

"Thank YOU" for such a lovely and wonderful post and sharing your "gratitude" with all of us!! It is very late here in Alberta, Canada and what an honour to meet someone so cheerful and positive and an awesome way for me to close SR for the night and head off to sleep!

I too, share those feelings of gratitude and feel a true sense of humility in this path and journey of Sobriety. It seems to grow day by day this feeling of thankfulness for all that I have and all that I am yet discovering in my Sobriety. Words could barely express how delighted I am to be a part of SR and all of the lovely people who share there stories with me and all of us. My sincere thanks to you CoF and to all.

My biggest congratulations to you on Day 53 now since it's 1:00 a.m. here!!!! You ROCK CoF and keep up the amazing work you are doing in your Sobriety and in your Recovery!

Love Pancake xo
Old 03-29-2009, 12:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Right on Wes

Still here with ya (from class of Feb), great to hear things are well.