Decided to go to a meeting tonight

Old 08-17-2003, 03:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Decided to go to a meeting tonight

Hi everyone!

I have been reading the posts this past month but didn't have enough energy to post anything myself. So as I was reading today it suddenly struck me that I've neglected my recovery since my A mom moved. I was so glad that I was no longer living with an A. I really thought all my troubles were resolved.

Now, two months after she left I find myself disorganised and kind of lost. My finances are at their lowest and I have no energy to clean my apartment. I feel like my days escape me and I don't make full use of them. At first I told myself that I am 'resting' from my life in an alcoholic family, but now that explanation doesn't seem so plausible anymore. I feel I am just making an excuse for my laziness and am very much reminded of alcoholics and the excuses they come up with.

Additionally, I've had trouble with my A ex-boyfriend who I left last October but have had brief romantic encounters with in the past few months. I seem to lack the strength to tell him goodbye for good. Every month or so I get the urge to be with him. He is married and has been for the past five years that we've been together and keeps promising that he will get a divorce and stop drinking, but of course fails to do so.

Now I know my recovery has been going downill these past few months (I've been an Al-Anon member for the past four years)and as I am currently doing the Second Step I hope I will come to believe that a Power greater than me CAN restore me to sanity. God knows I desperately need it.

Thanx for listening and thank you for all the posts you write, they have been a great inspiration for me and I feel they've put me back on track - putting the focus on myself.

Sunday evening Al-Anon meeting here I come.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi!

I took a break myself after the immediate crisis passed. My son moved out...my marrage was back on track. But like you, I found myself back in a place I didn't like. I returned to recovery and will not let go again.

In my case I believe my HP was nudging me back because there have been new situations since then that I needed all of my strong program to handle.

This program really is about us. You have been there...you have tasted how you CAN be and want it back.

Good luck,
JT
Old 08-17-2003, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanx for the encouragement JT, I really need it at this point in my life

Much love

Natasha