Notices

14 Drinks Deep - Have Another 20 - MMMMMM

Old 03-27-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

14 Drinks Deep - Have Another 20 - MMMMMM

I want to stop drinking, but why?

I'm 14 drinks deep, feeling fantastic, have that wonderful warm buzz in my stomach, my feet tingle, and I have another 2 grams of marijuana left along with a bottle of Grand Marnier and another 2 beers (I've had 12 beers and a straight double shot of Brandy).

Why should I not go puff my bowl along to the rest of my beer and a few shots of my Grand Marnier? Get really toasted and then go downstairs and cook an omellette with some corned beef and hash?

What exactly will it do to my body?

Thanks...
Old 03-27-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 12plusDeep View Post

I'm 14 drinks deep, feeling fantastic, have that wonderful warm buzz in my stomach, my feet tingle, and I have another 2 grams of marijuana left along with a bottle of Grand Marnier and another 2 beers (I've had 12 beers and a straight double shot of Brandy).

Why should I not go puff my bowl along to the rest of my beer and a few shots of my Grand Marnier? Get really toasted and then go downstairs and cook an omellette with some corned beef and hash?

What exactly will it do to my body?

Thanks...
Gee, I'm not a doctor so I couldn't tell you. Maybe you should keep doing what you're doing then you could tell us yourself, maybe in a coupla years or so. Enjoy!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
Gee, I'm not a doctor so I couldn't tell you. Maybe you should keep doing what you're doing then you could tell us yourself, maybe in a coupla years or so. Enjoy!
Awesome!!

That bottle and those 2 grams are toast. I'll update you guys on how I feel in a few hours. I never get sick so ...good times, good times!!

Anyone else getting banged up tonight?

Post HERE!!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

So how do you think you'll feel in the morning? Probably not so fantastic. Drinking will destroy your mind and you body from the inside out.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It doesn't sound like you want to quit based on your current activities. Hmmm...
:wtf2
Old 03-27-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome!!

That bottle and those 2 grams are toast. I'll update you guys on how I feel in a few hours. I never get sick so ...good times, good times!!

Anyone else getting banged up tonight?

Post HERE!!
Personally, most of us really won't care how you will feel in two hours. Getting sick and being sick are two entirely different animals, IMO. A little advice, this is a private moderated forum, the admins frown on flaming, flamebaiting, and trolling. Cya!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LosingmyMisery View Post
So how do you think you'll feel in the morning? Probably not so fantastic. Drinking will destroy your mind and you body from the inside out.
Usually, if I don't drink, I feel like **** in the morning.

Paranoid, grumpy, bored.

If I drink the night before and start the day with a toast, I feel fantastic. I'm Mr. Social and I do better @ my job (Actor). The sun is beautiful, the birds sound fantastic, I just feel lifted baby!!

What am I supposed to do? Start the day with a cup of Tea and lumber out the door depressed?

Thanks for any responses.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Please don't drive.

Sooner or later...the answer may be 6feetdeep.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Yeah, I started the day with a drink too. It nearly destroyed me. But, I doubt if you are interested in hearing about that. You aren't here to quit drinking. You are here to have a good time. Most of us here are serious about not drinking, but it isn't as we haven't seen the likes of your follies before.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Do you have a desire to stop drinking/using? It sounds like the drink/drugs are still working for you....they worked for me too for a long time. I came here when I was still doing the deal--but had a desire to stop. Do you have a desire to stop?
Old 03-27-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It will be trash. But you have to live with it.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Maybe come back when you have gotten some rest. Cleared your head up and then ask some questions.
I dont think anyone here wants to hear how wasted your getting or what your stock is.
It is just respect for those who are struggling and might be triggered by this post.
This is a recovery board for people seeking or have sobriety.
Hope you dont drive like LW said. And be safe.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Kinda sounds fun, I'll admit. But the Cookie Monster side of myself, the girl who says "Come on, one line won't hurt ya, one beer," has finally been reined in and when she speaks too loudly I tell her she's a puppet, she needs to be quiet.

Have fun though. Sounds like an awesome night, dude.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ok, I see some serious responses here so I'll stop with the trolling...

Bottom line though: I don't drive like this and I always have enough cigarettes to get me through the night so I guarantee I won't drive like this.

Weed? I smoke 2-3 bowls a night when I'm drinking...1 when I'm not.

I won't pretend I live like a Priest, but what's the big issue here with getting tanked a few nights a week?

For the record - I'm 27. I'm also a member of Mensa (honestly, no bs). I've been smoking and drinking since 15. I played 4 sports from the ages of 7 to 20.

If one refuses to drive like this (I learned the lesson the hard way 7 years ago. Trust me, I DON'T drive past 1 drink), what's the harm in doing this in one's home, watching movies, studying scripts, and relaxing?

edit: Trust me, again: You do NOT have to worry about me driving like this. I won't. I could be 30 deep (have been) - I'm too old for that ****.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Why did you choose to join our recovery site?

Do you want solid infomation about your addiction?

Lot's of us can relate to your drinking bravado
it's not a new opening act to us.
I assume your looking for an audience?

Please don't drive tonight.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to tell myself it was fun - lookit me ma - living like a rock star - but most of my drinking career it really wasn't fun.

It was soul destroying and desperate, and yet I couldn't stop....

We'll be here if you ever get to that stage, 12 deep.
D
Old 03-27-2009, 08:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Usually, if I don't drink, I feel like **** in the morning.

Paranoid, grumpy, bored.
Yes.So did I.So I kept going day in, day out, drinking from 10am till I passed out at night-till it caught up with me, and it will you too.It doesn't get better-that's a promise.

If I drink the night before and start the day with a toast, I feel fantastic. I'm Mr. Social and I do better @ my job (Actor). The sun is beautiful, the birds sound fantastic, I just feel lifted baby!!
I used to think that too-ex stand up comedian here.I used to think i 'wrote my best stuff' when I was drinking.I was so witty/hilarious.I wasn't though.I just thought I was.

I couldn't keep performing .I walked away from it in the end. After a while the alcohol affected my memory and I'd forget my lines, lose my nerve and be unable to hold the mic steady I was shaking so much from drinking.It was humiliating and overwhelming.I still mourn the loss of what was a potentially great career for me.I was about to head overseas and perform in comedy festivals there.I screwed it up.You WILL lose things if you keep doing this.You are not immune.I'm saying this as a warning-not a threat.I hope you don't ever end up feeling the remorse I have.Truly.

What am I supposed to do? Start the day with a cup of Tea and lumber out the door depressed?
There is a better life than drinking.And maybe you just answered part of your problem-if you don't drink you're depressed?Perhaps that's worth looking at?Drinking for me was a symptom of underlying problems I am slowly dealing with.I'm not saying it's easy-but it's better than being drunk every day and losing the things you once cherished.

I wish you well.

Jules.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I used to tell myself it was fun - lookit me ma - living like a rock star - but most of my drinking career it really wasn't fun.

It was soul destroying and desperate, and yet I couldn't stop....

We'll be here if you ever get to that stage, 12 deep.
D
Once again:

I have OCD, PTSD, and an IQ over 170. The only way I can get through the day without being Howard Hughes is to drink 6-12 and smoke 3 grams. Keep in mind, I only "get through the day" 3 times a week. The other days, I suffer.

What do you want me to do? Go on Sertraline and Zoloft, which won't work, as I've been on it before?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jules62 View Post
Yes.So did I.So I kept going day in, day out, drinking from 10am till I passed out at night-till it caught up with me, and it will you too.It doesn't get better-that's a promise.

I used to think that too-ex stand up comedian here.I used to think i 'wrote my best stuff' when I was drinking.I was so witty/hilarious.I wasn't though.I just thought I was.

I couldn't keep performing .I walked away from it in the end. After a while the alcohol affected my memory and I'd forget my lines, lose my nerve and be unable to hold the mic steady I was shaking so much from drinking.It was humiliating and overwhelming.I still mourn the loss of what was a potentially great career for me.I was about to head overseas and perform in comedy festivals there.I screwed it up.You WILL lose things if you keep doing this.You are not immune.I'm saying this as a warning-not a threat.I hope you don't ever end up feeling the remorse I have.Truly.

There is a better life than drinking.And maybe you just answered part of your problem-if you don't drink you're depressed?Perhaps that's worth looking at?Drinking for me was a symptom of underlying problems I am slowly dealing with.I'm not saying it's easy-but it's better than being drunk every day.

I wish you well.

Jules.
Ok but answer me this: New York Comedy Club - Friday Night, 9:30 pm. You have a choice ...don't drink and be 75% and get boo'd the fack off the stage (we've all been there, and once you are , aren't afraid but just don't want to) or drink and be 110% and be called "genius"?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I don't need the accolades. I'd rather have my sanity and some peace in my life-which I do now.