Notices

MY SO called it off

Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

MY SO called it off

I am so angry I don't know what to do with myself. Sunday my SO and I got into a fight. Monday she said that "it wasn't going to work and we needed a couple of days". Yesterday "it's not going to work long-term and she doesn't want to destroy what positive we have"

So now we have to figure out who's going where and break up our household. I thought things were great. I've been sober almost 3 months next week and everything was going swimmy. Good Job, doing shows and spending time with her. I feel like the bottom fell out.

If you recall we had a row that I posted about a month or so ago. So maybe I should have seen it coming?

All I do know is that despite 3 shows in bars this week, I have not drank.

Thank for letting me vent.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that man.. Were there any other areas in your relationship she was unhappy about?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah. I posted a thread about it.

She didn't feel 'heard' and felt like because I couldn't keep up with small commitments (getting dog food) that it meant that I couldn't keep up with big ones.

I personally feel that there is more going on that she's not telling me considering she drank along with me and now that it's been 3 months and it's pretty obvious I'm sober and my personal accountability has gone WAY up she doesn't want a relationship.

I don't feel I was ever "good enough" for her, in her head.

Bleck...I am so angry!!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am sorry. Just stay sober.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know that changes are scary for most people and change in one area often means change in other areas.

I recognize that when I stopped drinking, I saw my relationship in a different way than I had seen it before - perhaps more realistically.

I'm sorry this happened and I know it hurts, but stay sober and you'll get through it.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this. It just seems particularly sad and painful when someone you love can't support you in being healthly and taking care of yourself! ....Stay strong, Stay sober and Keep sharing.....You will get through this.....and it is OK to be angry (for awhile!).

freya