Notices

Hello, I am back!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, I am back!

This is my third time quitting drinking. It was about a year ago that I realized I am an alchoholic, I tried AA twice but I have realized it is not for me.

Today is day 2 for me and the longest I have gone is 60 days, which was one of the best times of my life. I keep tricking myself into thinking I am not actually an alchoholic as I had a high bottom, but still this way of life is torture. Getting, having, and protecting the alcohol is horrible and so is hiding this all. I only drink in private late at night, my entire family (I live only with my teen daughter, I am very careful about only having a bit before she goes to sleep) thinks I don't drink at all and so do many of my friends.

Sooo, I am back again and happy to be here! I am using the support here at SR, the power of the universe, meditation, and affirmations this time around.

Thank you, I am so glad to be here.

Beach Angel
Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Beach Angel,

Your statement about getting, having and protecting the alcohol being horrible, sure hit home with me. I protected the alcohol with my life and almost lost everything trying to do that.

You are blessed that you are a high-bottom person, but be aware that this disease is progressive. There is lots of support here and lots of roads to recovery, so I hope you keep reading and posting.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to have you back Beach! Hiding it is such a horrible thing isn't it? I hid bottles in so many places. Looking back now I see how sick that is. At the time it didn't seem like any big deal. Perhaps AA isn't for you and that's fine. However there may be a few things that AA provides that you can use. I mainly use SR for support because it ties me to something greater than myself. I also use some of what I learned from AA. A lot of my motivation comes from remembering who I used to be and never wanting to go back to being that guy. Keep coming back and always remember that you get what you give.

Good luck on your journey!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Glad your back.
You can do it. Just hang in there.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back. The third time is the charm. It's much better to continue to struggle with sobriety than to just give up and accept a life ruled by active alcoholism. Every try gets us closer to the ultimate goal of learning how to live sober. Keep coming back.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! Keep at it and don't give up. You can beat this addiction!:ghug3