Notices

I Want to Stop, NOW

Old 03-25-2009, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
3-26-09

I Want to Stop, NOW

Hey, I just registered to this site. My problem is with Lortabs/Hydrocodone and Percocet/Oxycodone. Ive been taking them since November of 2007 when I was prescribed them and decided to experiment, worst decision ever. Im to the point now where I take alot, Alot being 120-150mg a day. I want to quit so bad, but the withdrawls are bad and my lack of will power doesnt help, and unfortunatly rehab isnt an option.
Ive hid this problem from alot of people, while some people still know. I honestly do want to quit, hence me registering and joining. The longest Ive been was 5 days without. Not only is it unhealthy its also expensive. I make pretty decent money but Im always broke because of this habit. I think more than anything alot of support, even though I dont know any of you guys/girls, would help alot.
The last time I took anything was about 3-4 hrs ago and I hate myself for it. I know I can go through the withdrawls, as Ive done it many times. I think another of my problems is theyre usually available to me. Ive cut ties with people I used to do it with and tried with people I get them from as well. For me the bad part of the withdrawls is over on day 3. Im sure as most of you may know, its the longest 3 days ever.
Like I said though, Im so sick and tired of being dependant on them and letting them run MY life. So Im calling it quits and throwing in the towel. Id appreciate it if you guys could offer any help and support more than anything Im done losing money and friends over this horrible addiction and as of this minute Im done with it.
So let the advice, help, and support start.

Thanks,
A Friend in Desperate Need.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome.

There is a wonderful Substance Abuse forum.

Thank you for posting. This is a wonderful place. Keep coming back.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
3-26-09

I read through some of the threads and thought Id give it a try, Ive never done anything like this forum and Im excited and hope it works. Im definately going to keep coming back and keep everyone updated. Im ready to take my life back from this horrible drug!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome!
I hope you will consider getting a doctors help. They can make it a lot more comfortable as well as much safer. Getting through one detox before for a certain level of usage is no guarantee that the next time the detox will be the same.
Thanks for posting
Old 03-25-2009, 10:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
3-26-09

I understand that, and to be honest I dont want a doctors help. Ive went through life being dependant on others and now this. I think its time to man up and take care of this on my own. If I can do this, Im certain theres nothing I cant do. Theres that reason, and the fact Im ashamed of this and want no one aside from the people who already know to find out. I hate more than anything being looked at as a junky/drug addict. I hope you guys can understand that part as to why I want to take care of it myself and dont think its stupid.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi HelpinKy
Welcome to SR!
you've come to the right place for support.
Keep coming back...Read and Post as much as you need to.
Thanks for joining the family.
XOXO
Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I hope you have a Dr you can consult on stopping. It can be very dangerous to just stop like that. Glad you are here. There is alot of info and support here.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
3-26-09

Also, FWIW, Ive promised myself if I dont stop and I get any urge Im going to consider going to a Methadone clinic. I at first thought it was a way out for people who were looking for a way out using another drug, but the more I read on it, the more I think it sounds good, if it works how they say it does. Again, Im still up in the air on it and I would like to know your thoughts/feelings on the clinics.

After putting thought into it, I feel if I can keep myself occupied it would help as well, I work M-F 7am-3pm but thats only 8 hours a day.

Again, Im willing to do about anything to completely get this horrible self destructing ~$100/day habit out of my life to better myself and relationships with my family/girlfriend/friends, so by all means, no one hold anything back about anything.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am a cocaine addict. I dont know about opiates. Or withdrawl and methadone.
Like Latte said. theres a substance abuse forum that talks on these topics alot.
Or someone else will be along shortly.
Whatever you decide. I wish you luck.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
3-26-09

Last thing before I go to bed. I guess Im not completely a lost cause. This is the ONLY thing I do. I refuse to do any other drug/drink at all. And on the 1-2 time a year occasion I drink, Id never take any pain meds at the same time. So if nothing else, I have that going for me. I also dont know how true it is, but I always heard admitting is the hardest part, and I believe by joining and coming to terms with it, Ive dont that. If/When I get to day 5, 6 or 7 Ill feel so much better and hope some of the strain mental, relationship and financial wise will be slightly gone if nothing else, hopefully along with a little self-satisfication.

I look forward to reading your alls comments tomorrow/today when I get back on here. Again, thank you all SO much for taking the time out of your day to talk to/help me with my problem.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
3-26-09

Wait, so did I post this under the wrong topic/forum?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

NOooo...This is the perfect place to start. I was just saying that in the Substance abuse forum they focus more on those topics. As here it is diverse. Thats all. Your welcome to post wherever you feel comfortable.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
3-26-09

Oh, Ok, thank you for everything so far and until tomorrow...Good Night.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Night..hope to see you later.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
3-26-09

Just checkin back in, Im on day 3 now
Old 03-28-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Yay for 3 days!!! I took both Percocet and Lortabs, among many many other types of drugs, and mixed them with copious amounts of booze, but they were never my DOC. I also steadfastly refuse to go to the doctor for help. SR and a few friends are my entire program for recovery, and I'm doing pretty good.

You can do this! Glad you're back, keep posting.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Awesome. So the worst is over?
How you feeling?
Hang in there.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I am glad you are facing things and beginning to live a sober life.

Keep reading and posting.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello HelpInky, I was addicted to opiates for 10 years. I am now 4 years clean, and I do reccomend seeing a dr. Sometimes, when you stop using, your blood pressure needs to be monitored. Don't try to be superman. It's ok to ask for help and get it. Addiction is a disease that millions of people are struggling with. It's more common than you think. Don't worry about the morality, of people calling you names like junkie and drug addict. That's their ignorance. They don't have the right to judge you. Hang in there, your definitely in the right spot. God Bless You
Old 03-28-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

In november 2008 I had a similar dilema. I was always broke and afraid to death of withdrawls because I had not going more than a few hours without taking a pill since 2005. My habit of choice were that Lortabs and Percs as well. I decided on November 28, 2008 that I would never let these control my life. they gave me a false sense of security and I made me feel as if I could not carry out everyday tasks. It was not until I made the decision to no longer be broke and a slave to the pills that i began to regain control of my life. It will take a few days before you begin to feel clarity (general 4-6 days). but just think of all the freedom you will have mentally and finacially. There is a great support system here to help you in this journey