Notices

Checking in on Day 10

Old 03-25-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in on Day 10

Well, I'm on day 10 now. Doing OK, not really missing the drink. I stayed really busy the first few days, doing lots of yard work and work inside the house on projects I had been neglecting. This past weekend I had LASIK surgery, and I'm sure my not drinking has been helping my eyes heal up along with my liver and everything else. I also bought the "Under the Influence" book and am about half way thru it, it is a very good read.

The only really odd thing going on right now is that I have started feeling really tired a lot of the time, just in the past couple of days. I had lots of energy the first few days I was not drinking. What is up with this? I've been getting plenty of sleep, and it is niced getting up w/o hangover, but I still feel kind of lethargic. I am going to start working out again once my eyes heal up a little more (maybe another week). Hopefully that will give me a boost.

This Friday, weather permitting, I am going drag racing for the 1st time in 20 years (I have 2 old hot rod Mustangs). I've been talking about doing this for a long time, but up until now I've ended up drinking instead.

Is anyone else here on Cymbalta? I was prescribed it about a year ago (more for anxiety than depression), and have been taking it all along, but I'm sure the lack of alcohol is going to affect how it works on me. Just wondering what other sober experiences have been with that drug.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 10 Saddler. Sounds like you are doing great. Must be amazing to have had Lasik at about the same time as getting sober - something amazing about the true seeing part of life - really seeing from the sobriety and the surgery - wow!

Had a good friend who took Cymbalta for years and also was drinking. When she went through periods of not drinking she thought it actually was doing what it was supposed to do - i.e. helped her with her anxiety. She actually went off of it about 8 most ago.

The tiredness is pretty normal from what I gather reading here on SR.. lots of people go through transitions with sleep patterns. You could search around the forums and find lots of discussion on this whole sleep thing. For me it took about a month to settle in and I do need more sleep now (I am on about day 75).

Way to go with your sobriety. Have a blast in your mustangs! There are lots of stories here in SR about what people bring back into their lives with sobriety - it is inspiring!

Keep up the sobriety and the SR connection!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Never tried the medicine.I have been trying to quit drinking since march 10.I have drank 3 nights between now and then.I was drinking til drunk every night.Today is day 5.I just wanted to say that i have been feeling exscusted.To the point i started thinking maybe i have something wrong with me.Now after reading some of the post i realize it's normal.
Be so glad when it passes.I stopped drinking to feel better not tired.congrats to you for making it to day 10!!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Day 10 is a good beginning...Way ro go!

You are sill healing...be kind to yourself.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree. You are very early in sobriety and your body is still adjusting to the lack of alcohol and relearning how to function normally. Stay sober. It WILL get better, I promise.:ghug3
Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on your ten days...

It will get easier...:ghug