Notices

Sooooo Tired

Old 03-23-2009, 04:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sooooo Tired

Good morning,

I have a question, on day four and am extremely tired and have no get up and go..it's gone.

Is this part of early recovery - I forget from the last time I quit, I really didn't think I would be going through anything physical as I cut down on my weekend binges before quitting. Or is it the emotional part of it. I feel lethargic and just want to laze around. I started up my gym membership and will go today after work, I have been off a week and quit drinking this past Friday. Maybe my body is starting to repair itself??

Have a great Monday,
IMT
Old 03-23-2009, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This was very common for me, once I could actually sleep that is. After about 1 week all I wanted to do was sleep, and I was good at it. This lasted another 2 or 3 weeks. Its a lot better than a hangover though.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep I had that too. I've heard it a lot on SR in fact. It'll pass, just keep taking care of yourself by getting rest, exercise and eating healthy stuff. In time that feeling will go away.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes...it was part of my early sobriety too.

I did begin a healthy eating plan + vitamin supplements
drank gallons of water and rested often.

I do think it's part of the healing from alcohol abuse.
Be gentle with yourself...and you can win over alcohol.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I was that way for quit a while, it does pass with time, but eat right and exercise, if your body says it is time for rest, listen to it.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

On day four also and feeling the same way. I am sooo looking forward to getting this last binge out of my system so I can get back to exercising and eating right. I barely ate anything over the weekend.

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Congrats with your four days.. Here it's three..Lying in my sofa all day..Too tired too eat!!..Hey hang on..We can do it!!! :ghug3
Old 03-23-2009, 12:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I suggest as soon as you can, get up and go for a walk or run or get a membership to the local gym and start a workout plan. It'll be tough at first but your have tonsss more motivation and energy during the days not long after you start.

Even more important than that is a solid, healthy diet. Get rid of the junk food and make a commitment to living a more healthy lifestyle. It does miracles for the recovery process and for life.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Wow I remember all I wanted to do is sleep for about two straight weeks. I read somewhere that your body never really gets good sleep when you are drunk because it is always trying to process all the poison in your body. Too much stuff going on inside. It is funny because I always tried to drink to get a good nights sleep and now I sleep much better without the booze. It will pass and then you get get on with your life. Just listen to your body and try and sleep when you can. Sleep is a very healing thing.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job on making it to day 4 :ghug3
As you know I'm on day 4 too...my first day or two weren't all the greatest and I felt a little tired. Today I feel much better, Hubby and I even had a little cook out...Good Eats!
I'm sorry that your not feeling your greatest...I'm sure with each passing day you start gaining your "get up and go", Tomorrow will be better.
Your posts give me strength and hope because you are still here and we are doing this together...I hope that I can do the same for you.
Your in my thoughts,
Take care...
Hugs :ghug3
XOXO
Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well Congratulations indeed! I am day 12 of my sobriety AGAIN...I too would drink so I could sleep and then again I just drank for whatever reasons or issues were happening...ANYWAY, yes, sleep if you can. My first days of detox would simply not allow me to sleep at all or an hour of that "weird-semi" sleep which in itself was exhausting. Started the vitamins immediately and lots of water, week 2 and I am eating anything and everything with sugar so REALLY hope that goes away soon. I am really allowing myself to just do what the body wants and allow it before I have to start whipping myself into shape. Enjoying the simple things that were so often overlooked and most importantly taking one day at a time and staying sober!
Keep posting your progress as it looks as if though we have a strong class of March 09!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It really is amazing how tired we can get after not drinking for a few days. I was sleeping till 11 am everyday for about a week. Sometimes I would get up and eat breakfast and then go back to bed. Now, I wake up at 7 am and feel great. I have had the craziest food cravings and hopefully those will go away soon.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

One of the reasons we get tired is because alcohol is like sugar, if we have drank long enough our cells actually look for alcohol as a fuel source, it takes them time to learn that they can get energy from soemthing other then alcohol. Alcohol is one of the easiest things for cells to draw energy from, it is like a very simple sugar.

The longer one has drank the longer it takes for our cells to readapt to using normal food as fuel.

I am sure that bit of trivia impressed some one! LOL I learned that in detox, I take no credit for the knowledge.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am glad it's not just me. I am on day 8 and I can't stop eating chocolate. I am craving it as I would have craved alcohol. I have eaten two bars today and this is really unusual for me. I hope this goes away too or I will be doing overeaters online as well.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Jeanette sweets are a good way to kill the cravings, they kind of substitute the energy that alcohol provided. Just try to do some exercise to work of the sweets, in the long run one is better off a little or even a lot over weight then drunk.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone :ghug

I feel so much better today, wanted to go the gym last night but was way tooo tired. I ate well all day though and I am going to the gym tonight after work.

Eating healthy and getting back in shape will be my new addiction.

IMT
Old 03-24-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Itsmytime, that is a great addiction to have! Make some goals for your health and fitness. Also there is a great program called Fitday and they also have a website for free you can use to track your ratios (carbs, proteins, fats) and calories. Its become like second nature to me to use, takes about 2 minutes of my day and I can see how many calories I am taking in. This helps me determine how much I need to eat to lose weight and how much I need to eat if I want to gain weight.

I recommend checking it out and also finding out your basal metabolic rate (how many calories you burn in a day resting), which you can just type bmr calculators in google and it will lead you to some.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am so glad to see this!I have been trying to quit drinking for 2 weeks now.I have gone from drinking every night.I have relapsed 3 times so far.Today is number 4 without drinking.I have been so tired,weak and fatigued.I was thinking that i am trying to quit to feel better and now i'm so tired.I went to the gym for a workout yesterday and today i am exhausted.How long will this last?