He's stuck in the City!

Old 08-15-2003, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's stuck in the City!

Well,
The power went out and my husband is still at work in Downtown Manhattan. Luckily he hadn't been down in the subway (that must have been awful!)

In the past, when he stayed late at work I figured he was drinking (and he usually was). When 9/11 occurred. His building was in danger of falling (he manages a building next to the towers). Well, then I didn't see him for 4 full days. Then, when he came home, he slept, showered, ate and went right back in.

While he was there (spending nights at his building) he was drinking (probably not the only one but still - he's the boss - it's not a good thing to do).

Well, now he's sober. I'm not worried about him. What a relief. I used to really worry! He just let me know that he is trying to get home. He got a ride to Penn Sta (the only place to get the train out to where we live). There are sporadic trains running. There are "bar carts" on the platforms where you wait for the train. In the past, these carts were where he would pick up some JD for the ride home. I'm sooo glad that now he probably has a poland spring water or some seltzer and is (hopefully) getting on a train.

Tomorrow we are having a block party. We will be encoutering our nosey neighbo. I wrote about him about a month ago - basically he talked about my husband's 'drinking' to the entire neighborhood on an occasion that I could not attend. I confronted him. My husband actually thanked me and hugged me. In the past He would have freaked out. Well, seeing the person shouldn't upset me but I can't stand him. I also can't stand the fact that his nose is in everyone's business yet no one else seems to be bothered by it.

OK. I'll stop now. I guess I just needed to talk to some adults. I've been home alone with my kids toooo long!

NoDoubt
Old 08-16-2003, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi NoDoubt

We got blacked out in Toronto also, and I to am grateful that I wasn't in the subway or an elevator. Power has been off and on since Thursday, but it seems the worst is over.

I hope your husband is okay when he gets home. But you and I both know that a power outage can't make them drink nor can it make them stop - they just do what they do when they do it.

Hugs to both of you and I hope you have a great weekend.

Ann
Old 08-17-2003, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All is well!!!
He got home Friday night around 11:00 and we both passed out!
Then Saturday we had a block party.

He hadn't been to a meeting since Wednesday night so around 7:00 he went to one. I asked him, after the party was over, how he was doing. He said it went OK and had a great time!!!!

We all had a great time. Having him stay sober during a party is a wonderful thing!!!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

NoDoubt