Update on son

Old 03-21-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on son

Well, yesterday the parole officer (new one) called my son and said he wanted to meet with him at my house. He knows that this is his permanent address, but he sends a lot of time with the gf across the lake.

I thought it was really nice of him to call first and ask John to meet him here.

When he finally got here, and after greeting him, John said "well, I guess you want to get a sample" to which the PO replied, "no that's ok, I could tell after the first 5 minutes of talking with you that you're not using!" I said, ME TOO!

He gave John a travel pass so he could attend a wedding more than 50 miles away. John cannot go more than 50 miles without permission.

He also loves John's stonework and wants to hire him, but can't until at least October. He's on parole for 3 years, but it'll be one year in October. Pray he makes it. He said he can't do it right now, as it would be a conflict of interest, but come October he's retiring.

Anyway, he sent out resumes and did get a call back from one tile guy that had him bid a job close by here. Keep all your fingers crossed that he gets that job, as it would be a foot in the door. He bid a job for a stone fireplace and a stone floor??? Never heard of a stone floor though. The guy has been in business 20 years around here so knows a lot of people.

We'll see. keep those prayers coming guys

Hugs, Devastated
Old 03-21-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That all sounds great! I've always seen stonework as an artform. Just amazes me when someone is really good. Also a good profession because not many people are going into those trades anymore so someone talented is hard to find. I've seen a stone floor - beautiful but dont drop a glass anywhere.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so glad this is going well and that he has work.

Stone floors are nice in some rooms, but I find them cold and very hard...like stone

Hugs
Old 03-21-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy Happy News, I am so glad for you and your son!! It would be so nice if we could read more posts like this.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dev, sounds great! I'm keeping the prayers going. If he keeps doing the next right thing, I suspect his HP will keep heaping good things down on him.

I think stonework is art too. I fell in love at first sight with the house we bought in the mountains because of the gorgeous local stone fireplace. To this day, when I have a fire, I spend as much time admiring the stonework as I do the fire
Old 03-22-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, here's a couple of photos of John's stonework. This is our home where he did the pavers and the beautiful fireplace he did for us. The guy is very talented. Could have made big money, but now all we hope for is sobriety!

Hugs, Devastated

IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/meconi/12-1501-1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-22-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WELL, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER ONE??? Trying again.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pretty fuxy huh? I actually did it, but they're too small. Next time I'll have to try and make them larger.

Come on now, Rome wasn't built in a day you know!

Hugs, Dev
Old 03-22-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank GOD, your son is doing well, and is clean. That is so awesome. I am praying for the day, that I can hear that about all the kids that are using. It's horrible to hear about these kids, and what they have gotten themselves into. It's a happy day, when I hear about someones son staying clean. Good Job Mom. Thanks for sharing the good news.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

wonderful !!!! keeping the prayers going.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Halleluia - it is so wonderful to hear good stories. We so often hear about the tragic stuff - it is a real lift to hear about someone progressing in recovery. Maybe there is hope for my addict...

Thanks
Old 03-23-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
BBD

That is wonderful news Dev. I'm so thrilled for all of you!!! Bonnie