Notices

Sobriety Made Me A Better Listener!!!!:)

Old 03-20-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BKP

Wink Sobriety Made Me A Better Listener!!!!:)

I have always been an outspoken person, especially when it came to sports. I am a very aggressive person by nature and my environment growing up it was really just me. My older sister was in college when I was in high school (she is 4 years older than myself). My father was out of the house working and my mother and I have no relationship due to her alcoholism and her mood changes so I was what I guess you would call a rebel towards her parenting decisions for me. Very oppositional and very one way with the way I lived through High School and College. I always figured that whatever I did I would face the consequences without any excuses. I am an honest person and always took things for which they are. Life lessons. You guys though allowed me to shut my big mouth and listen to suggestions something that I could not do during the blurs of drinking. SO THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sobriety makes you a better PERSON, in my ways..
Old 03-20-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Recovery has helped me to learn to NOT react immediately and emotionally and that has been so hard to learn, but such a gift.