Notices

Who made it back from St. Patty´s Day?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Who made it back from St. Patty´s Day?

Hello SR gang.

How was it for you? how did you spend it?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just another day, kind of always was.. Did back/lats in the gym.. But did get a nice irish catered lunch yesterday at work.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Eating my wife's wonderful cooking....boiled corned beef, cabbage, potatoes...and the most awesome soda bread with carroway and raisins...man oh man.

I didn't eat all day of course...did some other stuff to like, work, walk...inconsequential in light of the food though.

Peace all!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

damn that sounds like a great meal
Old 03-18-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Question

Well, I didn't even have an urge to drink to tell the truth, but then during sleep, I dreamt I was drinking vodka, and had a swig of some bottle with the batman symbol on it. I then felt guilty for having drank IN MY DREAM!!

Sounds way out there, but it happened in my subconcious...
It has to be a good sign though..

Anyone else ever drank in a dream?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by original View Post
Well, I didn't even have an urge to drink to tell the truth, but then during sleep, I dreamt I was drinking vodka, and had a swig of some bottle with the batman symbol on it. I then felt guilty for having drank IN MY DREAM!!

Sounds way out there, but it happened in my subconcious...
It has to be a good sign though..

Cool! Batman Vodka j/k

No, but i do remember smoking or doing cocaine in dreams.

Guess i was already doing enough boozing in real life so my subconscious was drunk enough.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

Made it back, zero temptation, didn't even eat the beer bats at the BBQ either though St. Pattys day was never a tough one for me. The only major one I would be worried about is Christmas. But I'll worry about that one in 9 months.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Hello all I hope everyone is doing well. I actually went out to a bar and restaurant and found that if you actually eat and plan on drinking alot of water it helps. My real problem is drinking and blacking out on the weekend so it wasn't too tempting, but it was a good feeling being able to tell my friends to shove it I aint feeling like crap tomorrow. While they were blowing their money and liver on drinks. I am making a set plan for this friday. if they are friends they will help me, if not then don't badger me to come out. Hopefully you guys message me sometime on friday to remind me why I want to quit and not to give up
Old 03-18-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Heathen

Never has been a drinking/using day for me.. made it back fine anyways. Did I go somewhere? lol
Old 03-18-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by original View Post
ME!!!! I had a dream I was drinking Vodka and Sodas. I got really drunk adn then blacked out. IN MY DREAM!! LMAO

I woke up and almost had to check to make sure my car got home, it was so real.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Had a "lower Alabama" St Patty's Day dinner - Ham, Blackeyed Peas, Cornbread and Sweet Tea.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Alka - Yeah that Batman stuff was some lethal brew, apparently I wasn't meant to swallow it, but I did. Funny how dreams can be so vivid...

Sober - Scary stuff that, ain't it?
Somehow I knew it was a dream though, but I have had ones (while I was drinking) where I would be drunk during the dream, and when I woke up, I had the remnance of a hangover - but I hadn't been drinking the night before!

Life's a funny old bugger....

I just want to say thanks to everyone here, just talking is helping boatloads!

Koudos...
Old 03-18-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

I survived St. Pats day also! I wore a pair of green pants to work.

I am so envious of all the nice meals you guys are talkin about though!!!

I also had a drinking dream. It was not a good one, and sorta reinforcced my sobriety because I was so glad it was not real when I woke up!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I made it through fine...Went to another AA meeting and all was good. Now State Pattys Day, which is a made up holiday here at the university for students to get as hammered as possible the Saturday before Spring break, that was the beginning of my last binge.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Resident

I didn't go anywhere so I didn't get back.
I never liked that day. It brought out too many idiots that hit the bars only on special days and that often ended up with two of them fighting over a girl that got her kicks from flirting and making the one she was with jealous.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Made it through SPD- no bars, no parties, no clubs. My wife wanted me to go have a "couple" of green beers with her and a friend as soon as I got home from work, but I told her that "couple" would turn into 15+ for me if I did.

So---today makes day 3 or day 4 for me, depending if you count my massive hangover (but no drink) day Sunday. I'm feeling absolutely great physically. Today I did major yard work then went to see my parents un-hungover for the first time in months.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlkalikeH View Post
Hello SR gang.

How was it for you? how did you spend it?

I wore green, and i din't "look green" the next day so all was good!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saddler View Post
Made it through SPD- no bars, no parties, no clubs. My wife wanted me to go have a "couple" of green beers with her and a friend as soon as I got home from work, but I told her that "couple" would turn into 15+ for me if I did.

So---today makes day 3 or day 4 for me, depending if you count my massive hangover (but no drink) day Sunday. I'm feeling absolutely great physically. Today I did major yard work then went to see my parents un-hungover for the first time in months.
Ya, the first week is rough but.... sounds like you are staying busy and that really helps me.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Made it through ok here. I'm used to having some green beer on St. Pat's day but... not this year. I bought some green gatorade for the kids, though.

I made corned beef and cabbage for the first time ever yesterday. It was ok - I'm not a big corned beef person, my hub loves it. He ate it up, though. Then I made a ton of banana bread last night. Totally unrelated to SPD, but still.

The highlight of my day was probably when me and my 6-year old made a "Happy Leprechaun Day" poster. LOL
Old 03-18-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The two traditional drinking holidays were never my thing, probably never went out drinking more than a handful of times for both during my drinking career.

Went to an Al-Anon meeting, stopped at the grocery store afterward, bumped into someone from AA, always nice seeing folks on the 'outside'.

They were hyping all of the drinking events on the radio yesterday, remember hearing the young woman being interviewed bragging about how she got to the bar at 7am and was getting hammered.

Then on the radio today, talking about the latest tragedy, funny these guys having this sort of disconnect, promoting irresponsible drinking one day and not seeing the irony when they talked about how sad all this was.

Teens 'didn't get to grow up' | detnews.com | The Detroit News