My son and I need your prayers

Old 03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My son and I need your prayers

My 32 year old son, a meth addict who lives at home with me, talked with me tonight. He has decided to seek out a rehab because he wants to change his life. This is a real answer to many years of prayer. He is starting to get his things in order and tie up loose ends. He hopes to be in a rehab by the weekend. I have no money to pay for one but there are several with sliding fee scales. He is making a clean break from his old life. He wants me to change my phone number when he goes in so that none of his "friends" from the past can contact him. He said he may not want any contact from me and he doesn't know if he will come back to the house when rehab is over. He totally wants this to happen and he has made the decision all by himself and wants to see it through, no matter how many months he has to stay in rehab.
I am overcome with many emotions right now. I am so happy, so humbled that God answered my prayers, so proud of my son. I am also scared for him and for me. I realize no one knows what the future may bring but I am scared for what the future will bring. In many ways it will kill me to live alone and not have him around. But we are both willing and wanting to do whatever it takes for him to get help.
Some of you know my other son Ryan died almost a year ago from an accidental heroin overdose. I am still dealing with a lot of grief and many feelings about his death. I told my son Craig tonight that he is very lucky to get a second chance in his life, a kind of "do over".
Sorry this is so long. Please pray for both of us.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Nenacarol))))

Oh, sweetie, I am sending many, many hugs and prayers to you and Craig. It sounds like he has thought this through and is ready and willing for this, which is a very good sign. I'm an RA and the fact that he is doing this, on his own, says a lot, to me.

I know you're probably filled with hope, fear, and a lot of other emotions. I hope you know you can come here, and let us walk this path with you.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-17-2009, 08:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

****{Will say a prayer for both of you}}}

I am a recovering meth addict. I have over 3 years now.
Hard as hell, but very possible to do, esp. once you
are ready. Sounds like he is..

Give him my best.

:ghug3 :ghug3
Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My prayers also. I too am a recovering meth addict and it sounds to me like this is what he truely wants and is ready for change. This is a time for him to find his own recovery and for you to find your too. I hope thru this change you find a way to let each other grow and learn hopefully together.

Prayers for you both.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Sounds like your Son is ready to go to any length in order to get clean and work a solid Program of Recovery. I can only imagine how proud of him you are.

I'll keep both of you in my Prayers and I imagine his Brother is smiling down from Heaven knowing that his Brother now is going to be getting help. I lost my Sister in 91 as a result of her addict and today, I find as much joy in my Recovery as I can and I live each and everyday to the fullest . . . for both of us.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 03-17-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support and prayers.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Once your son is well, he will be able to have a relationship with you.
Don't worry about the furture...how great that today he is ready for change

You both deserve to stop the insanity of addiction.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((( Hugs and prayers)))
I understand what your saying my son is also getting ready to enter a rehab and leave home for a long time, my heart is not sure which way to go, I know he needs the help (he don't want it, it will be court ordered), but I am going to miss him so much. Be happy that your son will be safe while he is away and that this is his decision to get clean, that is a wonderful start. One thing I keep telling myself is time always has a way of helping us adjust to things. So we will get use to our loves one not being around everyday, and I am hoping that knowing he is safe and sound will fill my heart with peace instead of loneliness for him. While he is away you can use the time to focus on your own healing you have been through so much I can't even imagine the pain of losing one son to this addiction and having another still addicted. (((hugs))), Julie
Old 03-18-2009, 03:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Nenacarol))),

You've both been through so much, Nena. Prayers for you.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for you and your son. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-18-2009, 03:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My prayers are with you too. I know how scary it is to think of what the future may hold, but try to hold on to today. And please, try to take care of yourself as well, I hope you are getting the support you need
Old 03-18-2009, 04:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

it sounds as if he is ready. focus on you & leave his recovery to him. i know this is hard after what you have been thru. i am sending up prayers for you & your son., i hope this is his time. hugs,
Old 03-18-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Prayers going out for both of you! My oldest AD has made up her mind she doesn't have a problem, and I've come to accept that.

However, there is hope as I am a recovering alcoholic and meth addict with over 18 years clean/sober. I wish nothing but the best for you and your son! :ghug :ghug
Old 03-18-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for both you & your son. He made this decision on his own.......what a wonderful start to recovery. I, too, hope that once he is in rehab, you will then focus on your own recovery. We the moms may not be addicts but we certainly get caught up in all of the chaos and need a recvoery program also. (actually we are addicted to our kids)

Hugs,
Chris
Old 03-18-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Please use this time to focus on yourself. Im glad your son is making the right choice. Sounds like he has a ways to go, but its all part of the process. Read my post about enablement.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

prayers and godspeed...

love,
s
Old 03-18-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Prayers for healing and strength for both of you.

:ghug
Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers, Nenacarol, for both you and your son.
I understand your range of emotions.
One day at a time...

:praying
Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

That is great news God Bless your son and you too.

a friend
Maggiemac
Old 03-18-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Great News. I know exactly how you feel. My AS is in a rehab program that he got into by himself, paid for by the state. He's only been in 3 weeks, but it's a start of a journey.

Prayers and wishes for you and your son.