Notices

Look out world...Here I come

Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Look out world...Here I come

I think I am there. I think I am finally at the point where I want to quit drinking for me, not others. Obviously my family will benefit and be excited about me quitting, but I need to do it for me. I am ready to get back to the man, husband, and father I was. I am going to get back to my hobbies I loved and actually live a real life. I have been a shell of the man I once was and can be for to long now. The anger that I have inside of me about what alcohol has done to me over the last few years will be my motivation and drive to change. I am so tired of living this kind of life. Opening my eyes in the morning praying that the hangover wont be that bad. I finally realized, the best way to not have to worry is to NOT DRINK!!!!! How crazy this disease is, but how great it will be to say it was defeated. Let's all beat this thing into submission. I am excited to say I won't let this beat me down anymore. I love you all.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Your words echoed much of my life C23, I was a shell of a man, husband, and father for many years. The last few years were the worst, at times I'd like to say they were a blur, but the truth is I can remember with startling clarity how terrifying and dark they were.

I had to hit the point of wanting sobriety more than anything, the alternative was loneliness and despair.

Please stay with us on the path to recovery, we'll be looking for you
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Good luck C.
I know you can do this.
When you realize that nothing is good about your drinking then it is the time to just quit.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for this uplifting post bro. Great to see you with such a positive attitude towards this and ready to get you and your life back and enjoy it the way you want to with your family. We're all here for you and behind you 100%. Sounds like you're more determined than ever to do this and that's a great thing. And ever since I've been here you've been such a great source of inspiration and encouragement to me. If there's anything I can do to be of any kind of help PM me. And glad to see you with such a good attitude.
Wes
Old 03-17-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hey C23....funny how we all have to hit that wall...that certain point......that one moment......and then bam! You just know.......I wish you all the strength and courage to obtain your sobriety. And it's about time you get your butt back to class.......you will need a substitute teacher to catch you up on all your homework!!! I just happen to know one.........lol.

Hugs.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Glad to see you so ready and positive. Keep it up.