Second to SR

Old 03-15-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Second to SR

I'm sure it comes as no suprise that the largest quantity of my internet time (not including TV shows and movies (the computer is our TV as well) is spent here at SR. Second to that, I'm somewhat of an eBay junkie. How much time do you spend on the internet and where else do y'all go?
Old 03-15-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

DK i spend loads of time on the internet and not doing a great deal on it! I come here lots, i check my email lots, facebook. A lady friend is coming up to Barca for a couple of days...which means i will be doing all of the above accompanied by moaning! The funny thing is that i don't just use the internet, i have movies playing in the background and listen to music as well, periodically i realise how totally insane i really am!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

We have 2 computers online. Mine is in the bedroom and my gf's is in the living room. My computer is hooked up through a home system and all my music is saved on it. So, often I will have music or shows playing in the backround. My computer is pretty important to me. We just had a bunch of computer problems to where I am wanting to secure a backup machine, lol. We end up fighting over a single computer...
Old 03-15-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Fub, I'm suprised your computer still even gets you on the internet... 1990???
Old 03-15-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

Well my computer don't do much. I am an old dude so I am not into video games. I listen to my music on a portable CD player and watch TV on an actual TV.
I seem to be here most of the day at SR.
Besides that I do a lot of financial boring stuff and I play online poker to make a few bucks.
I used to spend a lot of time on poker forums but I don't do that anymore so it is harder to find free poker games where I can make a few pesos.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Yeah, but I have a Pentium 1 with Windows 98, and although I can navigate the forums with it and check my email, most other sites crash the browser, even *****'s home page.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I too spend lots of time here on my
laptop internet shopping with Ebay,
Amazon, and other dept. stores....

I also send equal amounts of time
here with u guys in SR. My lifeline
to recovery.

I can find everything i need in the
way of keeping sober to looking
up to date with fashion.

Sweet SR..!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

My Life

Old 03-15-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

Smile dk

too many icons on your puter, lol!

i am always on my puter, my 2nd addition is playing games on pogo, but now seems i spend more time on SR, which is so wonderful!!! love the people and the sober suggestions you all give, it is great support, ty all!

lately i have been researching alot to find the answers to my childhood issuses and find it very useful!

thanks to all that take the time to read, post and spread their love to everyone here! i do so appreciate it!

hey, you guys, gals are OK in my book!

:ghug
Old 03-15-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Never settle.

When I'm not on SR... Facebook. Watch Intervention episodes online. Hug my dog. And occasionally, just once in a while, I do my homework for class... but only as a last resort.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I am a complete internet addict. My laptop is with me all day unless I am physically away from it (i.e. not in the house). Aside from SR, most of my time is spent on Facebook. I used to have 3 or 4 other social networking sites that I frequented but all my friends have pretty much migrated to Facebook so I don't go to the others too much anymore. I also spend a good bit of time on food/cooking/recipe sites, and photography sites. My job's website would have taken 2nd place this time a year ago, but... oh well, things change, I guess.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have tried buying and selling on Ebay a bit lately, I missed some real bargains last time I drank! Dammit!

I spend the rest of the time online watching stuff or downloading stuff, I am currently watching American Dad epsiodes.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I broke the screen on my laptop last time I drank, I don't know what happened maybe I kicked it but the picture is effed up.

Isn;t drinking great!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

Wink facebook

i am on that alot, w/middle daughter and oldest grandaughter! she (grandaughter) just won an essay contest and is going to wash dc to present it? she is 13, very intellegent! wow, why do i wallow in self-pity? my kids, grandkids are all so good, none of them following my path as yet , and am so thankful!!!!!

sorry, i forget to be grateful for what i DO have!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

hi

i would have to draw stick pic's of my puyer? not a pretty site, lol

Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
I'm sure it comes as no suprise that the largest quantity of my internet time (not including TV shows and movies (the computer is our TV as well) is spent here at SR. Second to that, I'm somewhat of an eBay junkie. How much time do you spend on the internet and where else do y'all go?
Oh man...I spend way too much time online. Where do I go? Lets see I belong to a dozen of recovery sites or more...then there are the numerous religious, political and what the heck bulletin boards...I roll into...and the gooogle searches from astrophysics to xenophobes....damm that's 2 hours right there.
So I'm a reclusive mental patient with a GF that's an extrovert...off to runs rounds with her AA friends...you know DR. appoints and whatever...The GF is big into service work with the less than mobil friends....BTW a 84 Toyota wagon will apparently run forever...And I just de-stress on a good movie...(have all the movie channels) once a night.

Movies are the saving grace...whats commercial T.V.?
Okay '60 minutes'...very good tonight...save money everybody.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
I am a complete internet addict. My laptop is with me all day unless I am physically away from it (i.e. not in the house). Aside from SR, most of my time is spent on Facebook. I used to have 3 or 4 other social networking sites that I frequented but all my friends have pretty much migrated to Facebook so I don't go to the others too much anymore. I also spend a good bit of time on food/cooking/recipe sites, and photography sites. My job's website would have taken 2nd place this time a year ago, but... oh well, things change, I guess.
My computer doesn't get a whole lot of rest, lol... and 10 years ago, I didn't own one...
Old 03-15-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
I forgot that the fake wine is in that picture. I'll ask a mod to remove it if it's inappropriate.

whoops
Too late. Everyone here has already relapsed... Look what you've done!!!!

Is that home or work?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by zencat View Post
BTW a 84 Toyota wagon will apparently run forever...
I've got a 91 Subi, had an 85 that was pushin' 300K. I sold it, it went through a couple of hands, the last guy wrecked it, put some doors from the wrecking yard on it, and it's still rollin' around Leavenworth...
Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
I've got a 91 Subi, had an 85 that was pushin' 300K. I sold it, it went through a couple of hands, the last guy wrecked it, put some doors from the wrecking yard on it, and it's still rollin' around Leavenworth...
LOL that's crazy...LOL. I never had a car last beyond my reckless driving. Always seemed to ruin the car before its time out.