Notices

Mind Fog

Old 03-13-2009, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mind Fog

l stopped yesterday,with help from a doctor.
l am getting valium for the worst shakes.
That's going allright, but does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the Mind Fog to lift ?
l really hate that.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile

i hope it's a shorter time for you than it was for me!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

I give it three days to a week and it even gets better from there. You are gonna find that you can focus on objects without getting dizzy. You will be able to turn your head without the world going in cirlces. You will be able to read a book and concentrate. You will be able to drive anywhere at any time!!! YEAH!

So glad you are back on the board. Just take it one hour at a time and pretty soon it will be one day at a time. I remember so vividly when I was in your spot. The best thing you can do right now is sleep sleep sleep. Drink lots of water. Watermelon is a real good and will clean out poisons. Lots of Vitamins particularly B6 and magnesium. Also take milk thistle. It is a natural herb that comes in pill form. You can get at GNC or any drugstore. It suppports liver function. Poison is also removed from your body through sweat. So after you get plenty of rest, get in some exercise and get your muscles going.

You are very lucky to be detoxing with the help of the doc. Most folks don't have that opportunity. This is a very special gift. The gift of a new start. A new life.

Keep your chin up and stay the course. You will be fine. You can do it.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was 'foggy' for a bit over a week I think. It does go away.

After the fog lifted I felt tired and slow for a while....then that withered away as well.

It all gets better, day after day. Don't get impatient....clarity and energy will come.
Take care of yourself.

Peace today.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Penny!!

Congrats! I am so glad you saw a doctor for help, it is so important and you should be proud of yourself for seeking medical assistance. There are a lot of informative posts here on withdrawal and things like the mind fog. It is very normal to be in a mind fog and most of the symptoms of physical withdrawal last around four days. But this varies a lot for each person and things like age, physical condition, how long and how much you drank contribute. The good news is that you never have to feel like you feeling now again! The people here are wonderful supportive and very helpful.

Please continue to post and let us know how you are doing!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it was about a week.

I'm glad you're taking care of yourself.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you...

Once the alcohol and Librium are out of your system
I truly think you will experience a clear mind.

Try to relax and let the healing continue.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My fog has gone too me me a bout a week or so but i was in hopsital too slept alot! I can read a book and as other have said not feel like Im off balance its so nice so when I get some stikin feelings I just remind myself how nice it is to be sober
Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think it lifted around a week after, but I still get brain fog. I think its because I eat too much chocolate. LOL!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome...I am currently detoxing 3 days now and am doing on my own. I can honestly say that this being day 3 (which is always my real test) it is going well. I have taken much advice from people here at SR. Lots of water! I did have some "dizzies" earlier but I think that was from consuming too many jelly beans...major sugar cravings! I am sure it is different for all people but look at some of the postings and you can really gain some valuable info. I have always been a "relapser" but I can honestly tell you that this is such an incredible support system and I feel better than ever that this was the long awaited time and decision to change my life and be happy! Much luck to you!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 3 is the worst....