Apology for my anger thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Apology for my anger thread

I am a jerk. I bite the hands that feed me because I don’t like to accept the blame for my situation. I am angry. I placed that anger on you, which was wrong. I’m angry that my marriage will likely fail even though I have done everything in my power to be a good, supportive wife. My ability to communicate my true feelings has suffered as well. I lashed out at those who were brutally honest with me about what I am responsible for. Still, I struggle with myself about what the right thing to do is. I have two kids to think about. Half of the time I don’t know if I’m coming or going. I just wanted to apologize for my deficiencies and that I lashed out at those of you who were only trying to help. I hope you can accept my apology and also my faults as part of who I am at this time.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loverof1 View Post
Half of the time I don’t know if I’m coming or going.
You are on your way to recovery.....step one admitting that our lives had become unmanageable. ((((hugs)))
Old 03-12-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't see that you have a thing to apologize for personally. {hugs} But if it helps, apology accepted.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don’t like to accept the blame for my situation.
It helped me to take the word "blame" out of it. It is life, it's not always good, not always bad, but it happens. Painful experiences and suffering are lessons to be learned. If we don't learn them, more pain and suffering usually follows until we do. I much prefer the word "responsible" as you used later on in your post.

I lashed out at those who were brutally honest with me about what I am responsible for.
Learning what you are responsible for is only half the lesson. The other half is learning what you are not responsible for. (i.e. another person's choices)

Anger can be a good thing, if I learn something from it and take the proper action.

L
Old 03-12-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also think you owe yourself an apology, love.

Your anger seems to come from the same place mine did, and that was from a feeling of failue.

You say you did everything you could to be a good wife but it still wasn't enough. I know that feeling. If you take a chance and forgive yourself you will see that all that you've done would have been enough in any healthy marriage certainly.

None if it could ever be enough in an unhealthy marriage where both parties are tied to alcohol either directly or indirectly.

You lashed out because you had no more room to put such intense feelings. It happens.

Keep posting so you can continue to grow!

Alice
Old 03-12-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have no idea what you said. But thanks for the apology anyway

:ghug3