Notices

Hi

Old 03-11-2009, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Hi

Hello, I am new here. I came across this message board via Google.
I need to go to bed, but am hoping to try and get some help here, to steer me in the right direction in real life. I went to my 1st rehab in 2006, and it changed me for the better. I did everything they told me to do, no TV, no pets, (I read the other post by Katie), and they called me their miracle, it was so rewarding. I stayed in the area and lived in an SLE, until most of my money ran out and I gave up I guess, and came home to live with my mom, she is an enabler, and I allow it to happen. So, I have stuck it out for 2 years back in the area I grew up in and am depleted, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Not sure if I need to find an inexpensive rehab where I live. I took out a loan from my mother from her lien on her home, for the rehab, and I paid her back in FULL. When I came home, I had learned that "molestations" were referred to as TRAUMA- that I was dual diagnosis, BUT, we all were blaming it and attributing it to my environment anf family of origin that I came right back to, and back into the disease. I stayed off an antidepressant and on Suboxone.

Please guide me somehow. I don't know why I am here, except that my anxiety meds do not work anymore and I am taking a mixture of meds, and I am not being accountable for taking some action to break away from a VERY dysfunctional mother and brother who is a felon. HE is abusive to me and my mom, treats her aweful, and I stand back and watch, she allows it, and I can no longer be here to watch it, I don't know what else to do. He is MILDLY physically handicapped, my mother is his caregiver, and my mom had a heart attack last year, but he still expects her to baby him, he parks his car in her garage and has the master bedroom in her home. She says it is ok, but the next door neighbor said one day, "he'd be lost without his mother".
My brother enjoys it when I am ill and insuccessful, sibling rilvary eh? and I am the only on who has sought so much help and once and for all, I want a new life. I would pack my car tonight if I knew where i could go....:ghug
Old 03-11-2009, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Welcome to SR. I am glad you joined us. I don't have any advice but I wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. I don't have any advice either, but I think this is a good place to hang out and I hope it helps you. I think we all have learned something from each other, and it's a safe place to vent about issues we all have in common.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Praying4Health View Post
Hello, I am new here. I came across this message board via Google.
I need to go to bed, but am hoping to try and get some help here, to steer me in the right direction in real life. I went to my 1st rehab in 2006, and it changed me for the better. I did everything they told me to do, no TV, no pets, (I read the other post by Katie), and they called me their miracle, it was so rewarding. I stayed in the area and lived in an SLE, until most of my money ran out and I gave up I guess, and came home to live with my mom, she is an enabler, and I allow it to happen. So, I have stuck it out for 2 years back in the area I grew up in and am depleted, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Not sure if I need to find an inexpensive rehab where I live. I took out a loan from my mother from her lien on her home, for the rehab, and I paid her back in FULL. When I came home, I had learned that "molestations" were referred to as TRAUMA- that I was dual diagnosis, BUT, we all were blaming it and attributing it to my environment anf family of origin that I came right back to, and back into the disease. I stayed off an antidepressant and on Suboxone.

Please guide me somehow. I don't know why I am here, except that my anxiety meds do not work anymore and I am taking a mixture of meds, and I am not being accountable for taking some action to break away from a VERY dysfunctional mother and brother who is a felon. HE is abusive to me and my mom, treats her aweful, and I stand back and watch, she allows it, and I can no longer be here to watch it, I don't know what else to do. He is MILDLY physically handicapped, my mother is his caregiver, and my mom had a heart attack last year, but he still expects her to baby him, he parks his car in her garage and has the master bedroom in her home. She says it is ok, but the next door neighbor said one day, "he'd be lost without his mother".
My brother enjoys it when I am ill and insuccessful, sibling rilvary eh? and I am the only on who has sought so much help and once and for all, I want a new life. I would pack my car tonight if I knew where i could go....:ghug
Well, sounds like a tough situation. I guess the first order of business is to take care of you. It's kind of tough if people want to be in dysfunctional situations. Are you living with them? If so, can you find another place to live? As far as the meds go, sometimes they do poop out and it's necessary to go on other meds.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Are you attending your local NA for support?
And yes....seeing your doctor re your meds is a wise idea.

Welcome to SR....
Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to a great place for support and understanding.:ghug3