Free...

Old 03-11-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Free...

Where do addicts find or get drugs for FREE!!!!! I am just wondering where, how, and who addicts get free drugs from. I've posted many times before and I've always said my husband doesn't take any of his pay check but, he always seems to get his DOC......But, How???? I't may sound dumb but, I was just curious!

Thanks
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well from my past experience..I dont know other than friends who use. I do believe my abf has gotten it free a week before his pay day of every 2 weeks. Other than that it could be other females they engage with while using...just my opinion.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

My friend's would give me a little sometimes. Or I guess you could steal them, but I think that would be REALLY hard to do..
Old 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Does he have a 401K?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No
Old 03-11-2009, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Does he get any prescription meds? My ABF used to trade his Xanax for friend's codeines.

Is it possible that he is selling any drugs? That's how my mom always funded her habit.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I could rent out my car, trade sex for drugs, clean someone's house for drugs, my XABF could do yard work, build a deck, work on someone's car for drugs, I could get "fronted" drugs if I had money coming in soon. If I brought a customer to a dope boy, I would usually get "thanked" with some dope. I was a good customer, so I got to try out the new stuff for free.

It wasn't nearly enough to supply my habit, but my XABF is known for "hustling to get high"...he NEVER has money, but will steal, or do whatever he can to get his dope. That's probably why he's back in jail.

BTW...my DOC was crack.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-11-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

even though I thought he was 'different' and he would NEVER, when you find someone on their knees in a freakroom at a crackhouse, they are not praying.
For real? I thought mine too would "NEVER" but I could never be sure....and I probably don't want to know.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
I could rent out my car, trade sex for drugs, clean someone's house for drugs, I could get "fronted" drugs if I had money coming in soon. If I brought a customer to a dope boy, I would usually get "thanked" with some dope. I was a good customer, so I got to try out the new stuff for free.
Those are the things my AD tells me she has done. In addition, she watched peoples kids in exchange for drugs, while they were selling or picking it up. She also stored stolen property for druggie thieves.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yep, my daughter would drive her dealers' kids to school for drugs.
Give her dealer phone numbers of other users for drugs
Be the "door person" whatever you call it when you let people in the house or not

Many other things, they can get creative for what they want.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Health benefits….Dental and Drug Plan. It cost me $3.00 for a two week supply of pain meds at the corner pharmacy.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

pawning things stealing thing trading things renting out the car to the dealer, dealing themselves so they can get their cut for "free" by skimming on the side
trading sex all the things mentioned and even some we cant begin to think of

but theres the good chance that he has lines of credit like credit cards or loans you arent aware of
Old 03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the info. I hope I didn't offend anyone by asking. He has always said that he will continue to contribute his check to the house. He has even stopped going places with me and the kids. He doesn't want to go to dinner or the mall NOTHING.....Now through your posts I think I know why. He may see fellow drug users and may be too embarrassed if he is approached. The funny thing is that he keep asking me to change his cell phone number and he even spilled a beer on the last one.....So his blackberry shorted out and doesnt work anymore. He dropped one on the freeway (Yeah right). I would have never thought of him doing the things you guys are speaking of except maybe the dealing part. I remember he use to deal in his teen age years but, soon realized that it wasn't for him. Oh my goodness as Im typing I remember a situation where he came to visit me at work and I beat him home and he had cash but, hadn't went to the bank. I have thought that he may be getting it from this girl but, he didn't even see her that day. I guess he used stopping by my job as an excuse... Oh my goodness.... He can be dealing DUh how stupid of me.....How could I have been so blind
Old 03-11-2009, 06:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Are you're SURE you're getting the entire check? with my AH, he would alot $300 a week that was direct deposited into an account that I had no clue about. He listed the address to the bank at his moms. So all the while I may be getting his check, I wasn't getting the FULL check. Also, he's borrowed tons of $ from his mom that he's never paid back. No way is his habit free. He's got some scam going or is giving them something.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Another thing that AH would do is skimming. He'd get whatever $ amount from friends, go buy the drugs for THEM, but keep some off the top for him. To me, that's dealing.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Cynical One you noticed that huh? I guess that would be easier to accept. But, all of you are right it could be one of many things. Also Callie you could be right because he use to bring home all of his chek stubbs and well recently I have'nt seen them... That is a thought!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Just what my AH did - I'd get a few stubs @ the first of the year (new year and nothing itemized as going to a sep acct). When I pushed him on it he said "the company went to no paper, it's all automatic". BS, but his story was good enough that I believed it. Also, he worked alot of OT, so it wasn't a straight 40 hour week and the amount was never the same so I never knew how much to expect.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Amy that is so funny. Mine used to actually tell me that he was going to help a friend build a deck, and then not show up for three days. What is there a CRACK COLLEGE that all these people attend or what?

One weekend when he came home and told me that someone had stolen his wallet, the suicide weekend as if, his ID obviously was gone. A few weeks later, it just magically showed up. I was told from a friend that very often they leave their ID as collateral for dope. Then when the loan gets paid off they get it back. Any thoughts on that?

My truck would come home without parts it left with so I think he was selling these things for drugs. But of course he had a million excuses as to why we just didn't have them anymore.

Free would have been good but in the end they pay the price. If we stay with them, well, we pay the price. I hate Crack!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well it is good that I put this post up. Often he comes home without his wedding rign and the story is that he left it in his locker at work. One time I needed to make a copy of his SS card and he said he must have lost it. Then a few days later he said it turned up in his car. Wow I sure am glad to match up these stories how dumb of me DUH....My husbands SS card usually sticks like glue to the back of his license he had to have consciously took it out! and da** u know what he said it must have fell out!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My husband was taking cash advances off business credit cards. He looked after the business bills so I had no idea...(in the beginning) it didn't take to long before he could not pay his bills and the phone started ringing.

He was running drugs for dealers, pawning tools and Oh silly me I forgot this one...5 armed robberies in gas stations...how could I have forgot that!

Rose