Notices

And, Again

Old 03-11-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation And, Again

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago, trying (and failing completely) to get the point across that we are here to help each other, and that negativity was not helpful.

While I was at work last night, (because believe it or not, I can't sit here and monitor the forums every second of the day), another thread turned negative and nasty. Those of us who are trying to flourish and grow here do NOT want to be impacted by your negativity.

Just to clarify when I talk of negative comments, I am not referring to posts about illnesses, struggles, dui's or anything like that. Those threads are not negative and we all struggle with issues that we need support for. I am referring to the gossipy, bashy type comments towards another member in particular or towards all SR members in genera.

I am disappointed, sad and tired.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF OR TO PM.

For those of you who are working hard on your recovery, who are learning and growing, who are setting your egos aside for your own good and for the good of the members and the forum as a whole, I applaud you and encourage you. Your support to SR and your fellow members, is what will help you navigate through your recovery.

Last edited by Anna; 03-11-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well that sucks that you have had to post this again! Thank you for all your investment of time and effort in SR, very glad you are here Anna that's for sure!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Anna, I, too, am sorry to see that it is necessary to post this yet again.
SR is many wonderful things to us all, but above all else, it should be a safe place..

the guidelines are very clear:

Tolerance. Please respect the rights of others to hold beliefs and perspectives which differ from yours. Our Sober Recovery forum members are of many nationalities, ages and cultures. Healthy, vigorous debate will further our goals, but only when guided by the tolerance that springs from mutual embrace of mission.

Intellectual Freedom Embrace diversity of practice. It is impossible to understand an action without first understanding the actor and their environment. Know that varied environments call for varied response. Your way may not be the best way.

Freedom of Speech We resist censorship in favor of free speech. Within our forums, we support the broadest range of expressions and perspectives, for it is the unification of diversity to cause that gives strength to our community. We are committed to equal opportunity. Influence and responsibility here are inseparable, and both spring solely from a demonstrated commitment to furthering the topics discussed in our forums. Bear in mind, however, that some language and conduct is still inappropriate.

Responsible Behavior Your attendance here carries a responsiblility. Ours is a mission of mind, perspective, and consequently, attention to our most precious resource. Do not waste what attention you may attract, nor seek to attract it with your wasteful actions. Remember that personal worldview is a most powerful motivator; never treat another's lightly.

No Flaming Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting forums or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame-baiting, registration of multiple account or impersonation of another member. Do not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum Participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, flame, or defame or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don't belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both forums and chats.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thanks, anna. and thanks to you too, grateful, for posting the guidelines.

k
Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

just a note...should have mentioned that I posted those that mostly related to posting, not all of the guidelines....
Old 03-11-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you to Anna and grateful2b for helping to keep this community a good and positive one for all those seeking help and encouragement. It is sad this has to be posted yet again because of a couple bad eggs.

But, I am very grateful for all the mods that help keep this place running smoothly and am grateful for all the wonderful people here encouraging, supporting and helping others.

Wes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Thanks Anna..and g2b.

Sometimes, I think..no, I know, I can be stiff and somewhat intolerant. But..maybe I'm

too hard on myself here. "Vigorous debating" makes me nervous, I suppose..the word

"healthy" is the the guideline here. Gossiping and bashing..insulting, that is not

"healthy debate"..though it may be vigorous. It just plain hurts.

Thanks again Anna, and all other mods and admin.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Bumpety
Old 03-25-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Love and tolerance is our code.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for all you do, Anna.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago, trying (and failing completely) to get the point across that we are here to help each other, and that negativity was not helpful.

While I was at work last night, (because believe it or not, I can't sit here and monitor the forums every second of the day), another thread turned negative and nasty. Those of us who are trying to flourish and grow here do NOT want to be impacted by your negativity.

Just to clarify when I talk of negative comments, I am not referring to posts about illnesses, struggles, dui's or anything like that. Those threads are not negative and we all struggle with issues that we need support for. I am referring to the gossipy, bashy type comments towards another member in particular or towards all SR members in genera.

I am disappointed, sad and tired.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF OR TO PM.

For those of you who are working hard on your recovery, who are learning and growing, who are setting your egos aside for your own good and for the good of the members and the forum as a whole, I applaud you and encourage you. Your support to SR and your fellow members, is what will help you navigate through your recovery.
bump