Notices

Where are they now?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where are they now?

I usually check the birthdays everyday and I rarely see a birthday of someone on here that I know. It is amazing how many people have come and gone. Sometimes I will click on a couple names just to see who they are. I wonder how they are today. I wish them all luck and happiness and I hope they have overcome whatever problems they had when they first came here.

:praying
Old 03-10-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Me too...I miss alot of people that have gone since I been here.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Nature of the beast.

I hope, they just are too busy to post anymore and not out drinking or, taking drugs, locked up or covered up
Old 03-10-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

hello adore79 (felly) mine is the 13th.. just a couple days! maybe you can wish me a happy birthday.. i will be sober!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was looking through the members list the other day (I don't have a busy life) and I was getting down thinking of all those people who have come and gone.

It has happened even in the short time I have been a member of SR, someone will just up and dissappear.

I did realise though that a lot of those people had many posts and I have no reason to believe that they are not out there now enjoying fulfilling sober lives, after all its what we are all aiming for.

It would be nice if old members would post and let people know what is happening in their lives but I chose to believe they are having too much fun.

And for anyone who has fallen by the wayside I hope they know that SR will always (I hope) be here for them.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Resident

I was actually thinking about this morning while having my breakfast.
Although I will probably keep coming back to encourage the newcomers on occasion after I am certain that I have my drinking under control I probably won't be a daily attender here.

Not there yet though. I have a couple thingd to work on first.
Like getting a life.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I will have to get banned before I stop coming here.
Sober for a long time or not. I have made this a permanent stop in my life.
Not just for the site itself. But the friendships I have made. I am proud to call many here family.
Yall are so stuck with me. LOL
Old 03-11-2009, 05:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

l might be dutch and cynic, but l think that many are just "not up to it "
Hope not, but that is reality...
Old 03-11-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Resident

I wish I could edit my post. When I reread it it doesn't sound like what I was trying to say.
Right now I spend a significant amount of time at SR and what I was trying to say is that I need to find some other interests.
There are several people here that I now care about and I have found most everyone more real than the people I met and befriended at the bars and I want to be connected with them through here forever.
I think I will just try to moderate my SR time. I could never quit it and I have only been here a short time. (2 months) but it seems that I know more about members here than people I have known for years. I guess we are family. :ghug3 :ghug
Old 03-11-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think balance is always a good thing.

Lots of people come through here and then move on. I hope that they are thriving and doing well, but of course, there is no way of knowing.

I too, have found the people here to be very 'real' people and these connections are very important to me.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would be quite disappointed in myself if it took from this place and didnt stick around to give some back in sobriety, just me personally!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
I will have to get banned before I stop coming here.
Sober for a long time or not. I have made this a permanent stop in my life.
Not just for the site itself. But the friendships I have made. I am proud to call many here family.
Yall are so stuck with me. LOL
Has anyone actually become "banned"???? Curious...
Old 03-11-2009, 03:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Originally Posted by penny74 View Post
l might be dutch and cynic, but l think that many are just "not up to it "
Hope not, but that is reality...
And are the Dutch known for their cynism? (Sorry so off topic but just wondering.)
Old 03-11-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

While I am new here myself, only slightly over a month. My join date is the same as my sobriety date, 2009FEB05...I plan and hope to be around here for as long as possible. While I am gaining many things here in my newly found sobriety I would love being able to give back and help the next person along the best way I can and know how. I love the hope, strength and encouragement of others here and am very blessed by the friendships I have made in this time and would love to be able to give as much if not more than I've got while being here.

So for those that were here and are now gone, they will be in my thoughts, heart and prayers in hopes that all is well and that they can continue on in sobriety and enjoy life to the fullest.
Wes