prayers please

Old 03-08-2009, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

prayers please

Tomorrow my AD goes to court for the exparte she has against her H. She has been clean & working her recovery program for 3 1/2 months. Going to court tomorrow has her very ansty. As you might remember several weeks ago, when she left her H, he came and took the baby (1 yr old) and hid her, wouldn't let my AD see her. Also, he went to court to file for full custody, claiming AD is unfit Mom. Now, mind you he only did this to be vindictive, cause d### if he didn't let AD have the baby back 4 days later. Then 1 week later, trouble started & she filed for exparte. She was granted a temp protection & custody, til tomorrow when they go back to court. The thing that pisses me off so much, is that she is doing so well in her recovery and his whole thing is CONTROL.

I'm trying very hard to "Let go & Let God", just thought extra prayers from my SR family would help.:praying
Old 03-08-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prayers going out for you, AD, and granddaughter! :praying

:ghug :ghug
Old 03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Addiction is a full time job

Sure hope things turn out well for your daughter. Her little baby belongs with her. Drugs cause alot of trouble, and be thankful that at least your daughter is clean, and doing well. 3 1/2 months is something to applaude. God Bless Your family. I will pray for your healing. So much heartache in life. Peace to you and good luck in court. Let us know what happens. Joeyboy
Old 03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

From one "Serenity Sister" to another, of course I will keep you all in my Prayers.

I can understand her being nervous, as a Mom, I know that anytime anything can even remotely negatively effect my child, all reasoning can easily go out the window. But I honestly think everything will be fine. The Courts have a lot of experience in seeing right through someone who is only being vendictive and controlling and doesn't really have the best interest of the child in mind.

Please send my congratulations to your daughter for her 3 & 1/2 months of Sobriety. I don't see any reason why the courts would take her daughter from her if she is doing the right thing and on the right track. Even if the Courts would want to monitor your daughter and make sure she stays clean and keeps working her Program, this could be a positive thing for her. She could look at it as someone/something to be accountable to. When I was in early Recovery knowing the the treatment center I still go to could want to do a random urinalysis at any time, there was a few times that this honestly is all that kept me from picking up.

Please know that I will be there in spirit with all of you tomorow so when you walk out of court breathing a sigh of relief, I can do my I told you so dance.

Hugs,
Judy
Old 03-09-2009, 01:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Prayers going out for your daughter and baby, that they may find justice and peace today.

Hugs
Old 03-09-2009, 02:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers to you, your daughter and the baby!

Amy
Old 03-09-2009, 04:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Chris,
I sure hope everything turns out well today, your daughter is doing so well. I will be praying and thinking about you all. Hugs, Julie
Old 03-09-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope all will turn out well! Prayers for all of you.....

Hugs, HG
Old 03-09-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Last nite after asking you all for prayers, and saying my own, I was able to sleep knowing that my daughter and gd are in God's loving hands.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Prayers for daughter, and you, today! :praying
May everything go in her favor and that this doesn't cause any bumps in her recovery.
Let us know how it goes,
AquaBlue
Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning Serenity...

Well here goes another day, and they do get better, thank God.

Praying all Gods best in the situation for your daughter and GD. Let us know the outcome.

Glad you got some sleep. I know how it feels to be thankful for a full nights sleep.

NH7
Old 03-09-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers being sent...
Old 03-09-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

saying a big prayer that everything goes in your daughters favor, it's not an easy road and she is trying to travel the right path.

Thinking of you all today.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

okay, short version..we ended up going to both district & circuit courts, what a long day. In the end, it seems that the exparte is mute. AD's atty said because it was basically a he said/she said. Temp custody is joint, with my AD having the baby 5 days a week, and H having her 2. H thought he was going to walk out of court today with the baby, (because he had an atty-he knows that AD has no $ and due to my H losing his job 1/08, we have no $ to help her, what he didn't count on was her having an atty thru SARC) Now what I don't get is that, when the baby goes from one to the other, it is to be done with a go-between (probably ME).
During and after court, my AD was very upset, as it didn't go quite the way she would have wanted. I think part of her screwed up thinking was that somehow he would fall on his knees & beg forgiveness, etc. DUH! Later, when we talked, she agreed that she just doesn't like to alone. I reminded her that she has many friends in her program. (actually two of them came to court to support her)
Anyway, they will be going back to court for the final outcome of custody. AD is afraid because she's an "A", I reminded her that she
is in recovery, working her program, and as long as she does the "next right thing" I'm sure that's what the judge will look at.
All in all, that was HP's will at this time.
Thank you all for your prayers.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Chris,

I am so glad things went well today, I feel bad for your daughter. I understand not wanting to be alone, it is kind of scary at her age when your alone and have children to care for. Funny thing is after a short time of adjustment you start to like it.........heck you start to love it. LOL Please let her know we are all pulling for her, hugs to all of you. Julie
Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I just knew I was going to be able to do my dance tonight!

I'm glad everything went well. I think it's a positive there's going to be a go between, but why would you think it will be you? From my understanding, these people are someone who both parties and the courts agree as being impartial. I wouldn't think you would be considered impartial. This is just what I have seen with a cousin of mine and a friend.

From a recovering addicts standpoint, try to reassure your daughter that as long as she stays clean, keeps working on her Program and doing everything the court orders, there won't be any problems. Try to remember that us addicts, especially when in fairly early recovery, still have a pretty low self esteem and doubt ourselves quite often. Any extra encouragement and support goes a long way.

God Bless You for being such a caring, loving Mom

Judy
Old 03-09-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I missed this earlier, but I always add prayers for SR and all the families and loved ones, so I know my HP knew just where to send those prayers today I'm so glad things worked out well...How awesome that her recovery friends came to support her. Step by step she will be seeing how she can rely on true friends and doesn't have to accept the unacceptable for fear of being alone. Hugs
Old 03-10-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

SQ, I really don't know why there is a go between or why it's me. I was in the hallway with the little one, not in the courtroom.

Yea, it's really a shame to add this BS to her already low self-esteem. She actually has posted on Substance Abuse forum, and just reading her post makes me realize how lonely & vulerable she is. (kitten12)

I'm trying to be supportive, without being controlling. Yikes, that's hard. (especially when I get stuck in the middle)