Notices

SOBERITY a Gift.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Right Where I am Suppose to be

Talking SOBERITY a Gift.

Already i feel better, i found this site this morning when i was feeling like saying to hell with Soberity!! Now i feel like WoW i'm lucky i am an alcoholic, I have been looking at my children, I appreciate what i have for the first time in 22years, My kids are young (15,7,4) i have been a "dry drunk" several times, but alway fell off the wagon, but its simple...................Communication............ ........talking and listening. It works when your ready to open up to it. I honestly feel giddy like i have discovered something nobody else know about. I have realised that my problems now i bring them on my self by still trying to hang on to the old me the liar, the cheat, priding my self on having no conscience etc. Slowly sometimes and other times it hits you like a blt out of the blue things fall into place when you are willing to let go and open your heart to change. Soberity is a Gift and we can never stop unwrapping that gift because the layers we find are truly amazing......we find our selves. I heard at a meeting last night the age we start drinking at(15 for me) is the mental age we are when we stop (37 now) i think that's cool i get a second chance to feel mentally young, to develop .......................THIS is what i need to hold on to when the demons in my head start talking again
Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

Sampar,

Welcome to SR we will gather around you and give you support.......keep chatting with us....

:ghug
Old 03-07-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome.
I hope you do whatever it takes to be the parent that your young children deserve.
Good luck.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family!:ghug3
Old 03-07-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Originally Posted by sampar View Post
THIS is what i need to hold on to when the demons in my head start talking again
I hear ya Sampar and I'm with you on that. Welcome to SR
Old 03-07-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome!!!

That would be how I choose to look at it, every day.
Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sampar View Post
I have realised that my problems now i bring them on my self by still trying to hang on to the old me the liar, the cheat, priding my self on having no conscience etc. Slowly sometimes and other times it hits you like a blt out of the blue things fall into place when you are willing to let go and open your heart to change.
So many of us have a hard time confronting the side of ourselves that makes us what we've become. Others choose not to face it because it's too hard to deal with. And even more don't deal with it because they simply can't see it. It seems to me that you have found something about yourself that you can deal with each day in order to become a new person. Now you just have to find a new identity that you can be proud of, one that will last you for the rest of your life.

Give your kids a hug and tell them you love them every day. Keep coming back to SR and welcome to the family.

Peace,
Ken
Old 03-07-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I'm so happy you found us! SR is a really big part of my Recovery Program. I have made so many friends on here and it's amazing to speak to others from every corner of the world who share the same Journey as I am.

Hope you'll continue to post and share as much as you are comfortable with. I look forward to getting to know you better and welcome to the SR family.

God Bless,
Judy