left her today

Old 03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

left her today

Hi all left the drunk lying cheating girlfriend tonight.... been a lurker for the last few weeks and found and learned from this board now is the time to cut off all ties with this women I truely loved. After 1 day she was back to lying and drinking you can never trust a addict glad I have found a place to vent!!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope you do more than vent. :ghug3
Old 03-06-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
"Taking the risk to blossom"

Welcome Itsallover. I'm glad you have found SR. For me, it has truly been a life changing experience.

I'm sorry you're going through what you are. It's so difficult to watch someone you love self destruct.

Again, welcome. I'm sure there will be more here to offer you some experience, strength and hope.
Laurie
Old 03-06-2009, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sure did new phone number, changed the locks ect.... I can not understand how a women can tell you she loves you and then drink,lie, dissapper for days and not answer.....I realized this is not love its a bunch of words that dont mean $hit!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by itsallover View Post
Hi all left the drunk lying cheating girlfriend tonight.... been a lurker for the last few weeks and found and learned from this board now is the time to cut off all ties with this women I truely loved. After 1 day she was back to lying and drinking you can never trust a addict glad I have found a place to vent!!
welcome!!!

Hey, been through the same thing, I feel your pain brother.
Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi itsallover..

I'm glad you are here. Keep coming back.. :ghug
Old 03-07-2009, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sure did new phone number, changed the locks ect.... I can not understand how a women can tell you she loves you and then drink,lie, dissapper for days and not answer.....I realized this is not love its a bunch of words that dont mean $hit!!!
Sometimes it is the level of anger we reach that motivates us to change. I'm sorry for your pain....but I'm glad that you are finding your way forward to a better life!

Hugs to you!!! HG
Old 03-07-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just wanted to add my welcome to the others and Im sorry that you are having to go through this as well.

Nothing changes till we come to a place that we are in enough pain to do something about it... that is our bottom.... stick around, there is alot to learn from this point on and alot of great people here that have been there.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ago

Allrighty then....

They say if you stick around long enough, you will hear your story.

You just wrote mine, where you are is identical to my first day at SR...I mean verbatim, I was just a little more wordy.

I was P1SSED!!!!!

The constant disappearances and lies absolutely sent me around the bend...that behavior, while in the past, still impacts me today.

I found by reading the stickies, reading other peoples stories, and looking into recovery for myself, I could begin changing and healing.

I found this helpful to read:

Physical & Emotional Abuse Forum: Worth Reading and re-posting... - DailyStrength

Here was my "first" post, maybe see if it rings a bell

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...long-post.html

If it does, please feel free to PM me, or contact me with questions etc. I realize that going through this is about as hard as it gets, anything I can do to help you facilitate navigating this process is at your disposal.

Hang in there.

Andrew