Still love her..

Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

Still love her..

well the oldies know my situation.. I have a best friend who is a alcoholic.. I think she is getting worse because she says she stopped drinking, realized she has a problem but still drinks..

anyways, we stopped talking but I can't help myself in loving her, I still love this girl.. the bad things are fading away but there are still there and I won't forget them..

I think I have emotionally detached but I still love her
Old 03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:ghug :ghug
Old 03-05-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry drained. Some of us get addicted to a bad thing, and sometimes we get "cravings" for another dose of it. She treated you very, very badly....have you gone back and read your old posts?

Sending you a hug and a hope for an end to your cravings
Old 03-06-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

drained - i'm sorry for you. i know the feeling...sometimes i think i still love mine too but i'm not sure really. just like givelove said "sometimes i get cravings".

big hug for you.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

dear drained,

i still love my A (my sister) but from a distance. Detaching with love is the only thing we can do to stay sane besides praying (if you do this).

Take care of yourself and know we care.

Luka

:praying
Old 03-06-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

hi drained!!
i know this girl meant/means a lot to you...

i thought i wanted to love my ex from a distance, even after all the hurt, but yesterday i overheard him laughing non chalantly next to me, as if all was good in this world. he seemingly has had the best time of his life these last months (or at least that's what he says). of course, he is drinking and drinking.

just remembering the hell i went through, the hurt and pain that he inflicted, i found it difficult to have any of the past good feelings. remember the good stuff and the stuff you learned, if you want to love her, do it, but also remember all you know about alcoholism, remember how she treated you and remember why she was not good for your life.

i am sure you will meet different people in the future and a girl that will notice how valuable you really are.

hang in there (((drained)))
Old 03-06-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

:codiepolice
Old 03-06-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I get theses self-destructive cravings to refocus on my a. I have trained myself to look at me and ask myself "what craziness is going on in my life that I don't want to look at/deal with so that I'm placing my focus back on the a? It's almost always true that there is something there I should be focusing that energy on. My life is improving by leaps and bounds since I began this practice. I suggest that you try it.

KJ