Notices

New and strange

Old 03-05-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New and strange

Hi
I am new to the site did try to log in a while ago but was a bit drunk so didnt get far.I need some help and advise really i know i am in trouble and have been for a long time.Mostly other people dont help they say i am being dramatic or silly everybody gets drunk ............ but it stopped being fun a long time ago and i want to stop and stay stopped. I have some pretty scary stories.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hi Rach and welcome to SR. There are lots of good people here who will offer you tons of support and encouragement. I hope you stick around.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome Rachie.
I doubt if anyone here will think you are being dramatic or silly for wanting to lead a better life without Alcohol.
We have all heard that one time or the other but the fact is if you think you have a problem with it you probably do.
If it isn't fun anymore it will probably be a lot easier for you than someone who thinks it is still fun but not what is good for them.
There is plenty of support here at SR. so look around and keep posting. It really helps.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Reactions like you stated are prolly by others who tyhink they or anyone else doesnt have a problem.
Its all on what you think. And IMO.If it stopped being fun. Then it must be a problem.
There are lots of people with alot of support to give and alot of experience to share. Hope to see more of you.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi Rachie. welcome to the site. stay. you're in the right place and you're doing the right thing. sounds like you're stuck!!! but i can tell that you want some assistance - you probably wouldn't be here if you didn't, right? for one, i'm really proud of you for wanting to take the bull by the horns. admitting and attitude - you've taken the first step. see?!! how bout that! if you've found that it's too difficult to stop right now you might want to look into a detox/rehab. get sober. then follow through with an outpatient program and AA. we're all the same...but we're each so different. i for one HAD to do the rehab for my addiction. second OD and that was it for me. i needed some serious help or i was going to die, period. did a 6 month inpatient program because i knew anything less would be nothing more than a bandaid. and we all know that bandaids don't do the job. i did NA/AA/CA meetings while i was there and when i graduated i kept on going. 15 1/2 years later i'm still going. something to think about - but not for too long or you might talk yourself out of it!! we all believe you can do it - if you want it. you've already taken the first step, now go on ahead and take the second step. we never walk behind each other - we always walk along side of each other.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thankyou its not been good i just really want to know if other people feel and think the same .I have alot of blackouts they seem to be everytime i go out ! I sometimes drink on my own just to get drunk i dont eat before and have a bottle of wine and pretty much pass out ! Only once a week though " So i carnt have a problem" its all pre-meditated and i some time wash it down with some sfrong solpadine ........... not good .My mum has had a long term battle with drink its taken its toll and that was how she started she is sober at the moment but only because she broke both her wrists last time she had a session.Sorry to ramble on just want to get it all out really .
Old 03-05-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im Glad ur here and welcome to SR.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes i do need to stop i am very self distructive allways have been .I love my kids so much i need to do it for them but its the bottle of wine a week thing but i drink it in two hours tops sometime less its like a little ritual.If i go out i am wild this is not a good look on a 39 year old woman !
Old 03-05-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Rachie,

Of course they're going to say that....believe me I know! I also know that in the worse times of my life, alcohol was somehow involved. I like it when I get up in the morning without a hangover, and not wonder about who I offended or what I had done on a binge the night before. Listen to yourself and to heck with em. If they can't respect your decision not to drink then maybe you need to re-examine who your friends really are. I had to!

Take care,
A.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hey Rachie. nothing you say here is "rambling"!!! it all has to do with who you are based on your life experience. whatEVER you say is important to yourself and all who are here. we hear you!! and because we CAN hear you, we care about about everything that led you here.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Mostly other people dont help they say i am being dramatic or silly everybody gets drunk
maybe they are just very uncomfortable with it and want to "fix" you. My experience was similar way with some old friends ....but they were not living in my head. I was the one tortured with guilt, remorse and shame. I got sober and you can too Rachie, there is plenty of help and suggested programmes of recovery for you here. pleased to meet you
Old 03-05-2009, 02:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Its just when i lppk back all the times i have done silly or stupid things a nearly got myself killed into the bargain .I also dont want people to think of me as a drinker / party animal .........not anymore i know alot of my bshaviuor mirrors my mothers and dont want to go there .My eldest daughter is 15 and i went out for a meal with her and ended up being plastered it was awfull really bad she was ok with it i wasnt its me and my mum all over again except my mum never thought is was a problem.I do i think about it all the time its almost as if i have to feel really bad to feel good again if that makes any sense?
Old 03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the site Rachie!:ghug3Lots of support here. Glad you found us.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Rach and WELCOME!!!

You are not alone, girlie! So glad you are here and sharing with us!!! Give "time" - TIME! Things will get better the sooner ya put that distance in with drinking! It's tough! But thru the "one hour at a time" process.... it WILL get better!

Hugs!:ghug3
Old 03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Welcome to SR!

So, it stopped being fun, but using it continues. I can relate. I have a problem.

Peace.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It the habit side of it really i dont enjoy it that much i just have to do it i can never have one always have to take it to that max ........... I can go out and drink nothing but it has to be nothing or all .I have allways needed some kind of crutch i am a little bit worried i maight not be the person i think i am !
Old 03-05-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Resident

There are quite a few of us that are binge type drinkers. I am.
I can go days without drinking but after one I can't stop until the drinking is done if you know what I mean.
I only have control over whether I take the first one or not and it took me years, scratch that, decades to realize it. Starting this year I will not have that first one.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Rachie, you're in good company here. I originally signed up on this site, oh, probably a year and a half ago. I was drunk at the time. I was drunk many times since that and like chynita said, when it stops being fun... it's over. I strongly doubt that it will ever be fun again. But, the problem is, it always seems like it COULD be fun again and we try again... and it gets worse. I am speaking for myself of course, but I am on day 3 again and happy to report that the motivation to keep coming back to this site is still with me; it is a healthy alternative to running out and buying a 5th just to cure my boredom and loneliness. Keep with it!