Notices

Member Survey

Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lightbulb Member Survey

Where should SoberRecovery go from here? What features and functions do you most want?

Please add your feedback.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I think it's just fine as it is.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'd like to be able to search members by location. I travel a lot and it would be great to PM someone and see if they would like to meet for a meeting.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love it like it is. A current world clock would be great tho.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
I struggle with the time zones.... I think there was a click to begin with but i couldn't work it.
Other than that i think its great.
I am so pleased this place is here..... so

THANKYOU
Old 03-05-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

First of all, I think the mods should all be given their Angel Wings while they are still alive . . . you all do a tremendous amt of work and it's appreciated more than you will ever know.

I have noticed many people who are now on Suboxone (and a few like myself who are on Methadone) How about a forum for those who are taking these meds as an aid in Recovery? While I am all for using these meds if truly needed, I think that if there is a specific forum for this, those who aren't interested in looking into these areas can eliminate it always being suggested as a primary tool in Recovery. Not to single anyone out, but I have noticed alot lately where a newcomer will ask for input and suggestions in getting into Recovery and some simply reply with how Suboxone helped them. . . and little else.

I see the Birthday notices at the bottom of the main page or whatever, but how about something where Recovery Anniversaries are listed? A seperate area would be great. For me, my Recovery Anniversary means more to me than my belly button Birthday!

As always, thank you for letting me share my thoughts.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 03-05-2009, 05:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree on the anniversary notifications and the search by location features. Finding people close and being able to congratulate someone on their sober anniversary would be nice. But besides that, this site is amazing!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Great site!

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I think it's real good as it is ... :thinks: Can't think of any problems with the system really.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It would be nice to have indicator lights on my profile page friends list so I could tell who was online from there. You know, a little green light next to their name if they're on and no light if they're not on. And of course even more smilies.

Thanks for asking.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

A few years back, I mentioned having a section of a where and when. Maybe, like a bulletin
board.

Many activities that go on in people's area could be posted there. You never know when, and where a AA member would go to attend.

I've been around long enough and have a book with numbers on it to find meetings. Someone new to the program and traveling might find this useful.

?????????
Old 03-05-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Throwing my vote in for the sobriety date notices. And it's not a site feature per se, but maybe scheduled Lifering/SMART/specifically secular chat meetings? I'd love to go to a meeting once in a while, but the only ones I ever see announced are step meetings.

SR team, you guys are amazing. :ghug
Old 03-05-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

The Search feature really leaves much to be desired. I'm not sure if that's something that can be fixed/changed, but the results it gives are generally unrelated to the term(s) you searched for. That's absolutely the only negative thing I've noticed about the forum since I've been here.

Thanks to the entire Mod team for all you do! You are SO appreciated!!
Old 03-05-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Resident

I think the forum is very well organized and managed and want to thank each and every one of you involved for that.
Search by location is definitely a good idea in my opinion.
If there were enough members in one location perhaps some ambitious soul could arrange some ftof SR meetings.
Just keep up the good work.
It is much appreciated.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edit: Actually, I do have a request....

Are their forum "skins" available? Specifically a layout that's optimized for viewing on mobile devices? I use my blackberry lots but this site doesn't play well with mobile devices. That would be really nice.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

There is one thing that bothers me personally. It is when someone comes to this site,
and they share an extremely painful situation they are dealing with. They are hurting and trying to find anyone they can relate to, so they won't feel so alone. So if I can't help
them in their situation, why tell them something in a quick reply that won't help them now
What might help would be at least to let them know somebody took the time to read what they wrote and can empathize with what they are going through.
The problem is our only option, is to give them a [thumbs up thanks].
Is there another button that could be added that could convey the appropriate response.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am just glad this site exists. I have never depended on SR as I have the past week. It has saved me more times than I can count.

All the mods..Admin and everyone who makes SR what it is. Right down to all the members. I am so grateful for all of it.

I have no requests.

The anniversary thing sounds like a good idea tho. But isnt there already one above birthdays? I never could figure out how it was calculated tho.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I love this site, and think it's just awesome the way it is. I'm a newcomer and not sure what is lacking yet. For now it's been very good for me. Every person on here has had a different level of addiction, and different tools to use to stabilize themselves, and eventually get clean. Be it crack cocaine,heroin,alcohol or opiates, each person is able to help and understand someone else that stands in their shoes. The best part is that we do not judge one another. What works for one person might not work for another. Be it methadone,suboxone, or just cold turkey, doesn't matter how you got there, just as long as you do. Each person is different and responds to treatment differently. Even though we are all different, on here we are all pretty much the same. (We are Addicts) I love this site, and just want to say thanks to all the people who make it possible. Angelic17
Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

site is perfect already, no need to tweak it
Old 03-05-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm just curious, is there a way to have a private chat without going into the chat room? I thought that would be cool. I'm a newcomer so not quite sure if there is another way to chat privately. This is an awesome site, and the love and support is awesome. Thank you very much to all who make it possible. Angel:ghug3